• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
A lot of changes today and no Cresswell or Corr in the matchday squad. Also Bentley, Laird, Mkindawire, Eastwood and Reeves come in to the starting eleven.

Blues XI: Bentley; Clohessy, Mkandawire, Mohsni, Straker; Hurst, Laird, Lund, Reeves; Eastwood, Britt.
Subs: Smith, Spillane; Leonard, Spicer, Tomlin, Woodyard, Njie

Wow harsh on Smith he wasn't that bad on Tuesday, assume Creswell has picked up an injury to not even be on the bench?

Interesting. Some bold changes from Sturrock there, putting his money where his mouth is after what he said about Tuesday's performance. I thought he wasn't going to start Laird? He must have had a few drinks last night like he said. Glad to see Eastwood given a start. The Smith boo-boys will be pleased. Moshni and Tam at centre-back is slightly concerning, need Moshni to keep his head today.

Last edited:
Cresswell has a calf injury, Corr is unwell at home and Harris is also injured.

Ryan Cresswell is out with an injured calf. Barry Corr is at home unwell. Neil Harris is also injured

Wow harsh on Smith he wasn't that bad on Tuesday, assume Creswell has picked up an injury to not even be on the bench?

Its not just Tuesday tho. Smith has been poor on set pieces all season and they are a massive part of the game at this level.

Bold changes, but they are needed! Very happy with that side, fair play to Sturrock although I do think it's a bit too late

Are they bold or more forced? Tam and Reeves back in, sensible i feel. Up front bringing Eastwood back appears to have been the only option with Corr, Harris and Tomlin out and Mohsni at centre back. In defence really don't think he had a lot of choice with Cresswell, Prosser, Phillips and Barker all out, so the only real change is the keeper which imo is very harsh.

Do wonder whether the team would have changed that much without all the injuries and suspensions?

OMG Go Freddy EASTWOOD

I just changed my 1st Goal Scorer in the Prediction League to FREDDY EASTWOOD :thumbsup:

Not harsh at all. The management see the goalkeepers in training and I'm fairly sure they feel like Bentley will command his area more and instill more confidence in his defence. Think it's a case of a very patient manager finally losing his patience having had it eroded gradually since August.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Really looking forward to see how this lot perform. What will be more interesting is, if we get a blinding performance from everyone today, what does Luggy do in future games with those not playing today!

attack attack attack thats what we got too do today win 4-3 come on fred

Not harsh at all. The management see the goalkeepers in training and I'm fairly sure they feel like Bentley will command his area more and instill more confidence in his defence. Think it's a case of a very patient manager finally losing his patience having had it eroded gradually since August.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
lets get behind bentley and respect sturrocks choice. Just hope if bentley makes a error we back the lad and not hammer him.

Interesting selection, could backfire badly but at this point we need to go for broke if we're going to make the play-offs.

On the plus side this will shut up the conspiracy theorists who think Sturrock is deliberately trying to freeze Eastwood out because he isn't 'his' player.

I'm not totally surprised about Laird starting............Luggy had a few drinks last night! :winking: Smith is obviously the big shock...
...........pleased to see Tomlin back on the bench so quickly.

Back