• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Yes i know some of you will say its a bit early its only Monday,but noticed we have so far sold over 5500 tickets for this game.

Lets hope it doesnt fall a victim to the weather could be on for another decent home crowd as dont think they will bring that many

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for a postponed game due to a very frozen pitch, even with the covers on it due to the low temperatures:sad:

Yes i know some of you will say its a bit early its only Monday,but noticed we have so far sold over 5500 tickets for this game.

Lets hope it doesnt fall a victim to the weather could be on for another decent home crowd as dont think they will bring that many

Lets hope indeed.. not to sure we can afford to lose another Groundsman! :facepalm:

Did I see that Warsaw are due to play on Tuesday as well?

Their nick-name is "The Saddlers". I'm hoping they mount up on Saturday evening with their saddle bags completely empty. Walk on.

The Moose played for them as did Demi of course.

Well it's the same referee who called the Bolton game off and left us bereft of any competent groundsman, so the omens are not good !

dont think they will bring that many

They only took 209 to Gillingham on a Saturday afternoon about 10 days ago, so I would imagine it will be a similar figure for us at Roots Hall, probably less considering they have the away game against the Posh tomorrow night also.

Is this the pre match thread? **** me, 12 posts and not one selection, that needs immediate fixing:

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand Coker
Harrison Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

now that's a surprise isn't it?

COYB

Last edited:
The weather forecast does not look good.

That's okay - players are allowed to wear gloves nowadays and have the luxury of long sleeve shirts of course. Not to mention shorts that come down to their knees and stockings that go over their knees. They'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Could it be an enforced winter break ? Our next match 2nd April, Home to Gillingham. You never know with our weather , last mid march I was playing golf locally in temperatures closer to 70 degrees with the ground bone hard and almost as brown as a late July course. BBC long range forecasts says Thursday likely to be worst with gale force winds, snow and the dreaded freezing rain.

To add more cheer ! 1963, worst winter for 223 years, caused 10 weeks of major postponements:stunned:

That's okay - players are allowed to wear gloves nowadays and have the luxury of long sleeve shirts of course. Not to mention shorts that come down to their knees and stockings that go over their knees. They'll be fine. :thumbsup:

And snoods Rattus, dont forget snoods, Fortune and Ba don't.

To add more cheer ! 1963, worst winter for 223 years, caused 10 weeks of major postponements:stunned:

I bet that was a tad on the chilly side in the terraces!!

That winter, it took 66 days to complete the 3rd round of the FA Cup, there were 261 matches postponed & Barnsley only played 2 games between 22nd December 1962 & 12th March 1963. And my personal favourite, Norwich City used military flame throwers on the Carrow Road pitch in order to defrost it.

Actually according to the BBC weather page the temperatures start rising on Friday night and reach the heady heights of 6 degrees by 3.00 p.m. on Saturday so we might just manage to play.......

Actually according to the BBC weather page the temperatures start rising on Friday night and reach the heady heights of 6 degrees by 3.00 p.m. on Saturday so we might just manage to play.......

A few tasty fish morsels should be enough to get the polar bears to move out of the centre circle ........ :unsure:

Back