• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
As mentioned elsewhere, last night will have given PB a selection headache with so many players who missed out at the weekend impressing. Walsall will be on a high after their injury time winner in a 4-3 victory away at Forest, and had a decent result last weekend with a 1-1 draw against Oldham.

I'd think we might go with a 4-4-2, given that it worked last night and will be at home, so looking to take the game to them a bit more than at Fleetwood.

Bentley,
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Wordsworth, Timlin,
Mooney, Pigott

Subs: Ted Smith, Prosser, Deegan, Atkinson, Payne, Weston, Hunt

Thought Worrall was excellent last night and scored a great goal at the weekend so has justified inclusion, while Timlin gives us a bit more flexibility and also did well last night, whereas I don't think Hurst or Weston did enough to warrant inclusion.

Attendance around 7,000 with 300-400 from Walsall.

Bentley,
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker,
Hunt, Pigott

I like your team names Manor15, but based on what I've heard so far I would have Hunt in for Mooney. From the sound of things though he may have picked up a knock so we will see. It says a lot for the strength of the squad that Hurst may not even make the bench, unthinkable a few seasons back.

It also looks as if Pigott is determined to keep his place and not be the moody one that some on here predicted.

I like your team names Manor15, but based on what I've heard so far I would have Hunt in for Mooney. From the sound of things though he may have picked up a knock so we will see. It says a lot for the strength of the squad that Hurst may not even make the bench, unthinkable a few seasons back.

It also looks as if Pigott is determined to keep his place and not be the moody one that some on here predicted.
Completely agree, but thought Hunt looked exhausted by the time he came off last night so not sure he'll be fit enough to start, otherwise would definitely have him for Mooney.

Yeah but school holidays and many families will be away
But I think the whole Wembley thing, and being the first home league game since then will attract more day trippers and maybe counteract the school holidays. I know a couple more of my mates who will be coming on Saturday who probably wouldn't have come if it wasn't for what happened at Wembley.

Tom Bradshaw will take some stopping. Hat trick against Forest last night.

Tom Bradshaw will take some stopping. Hat trick against Forest last night.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But you know as well as I do that he could be anonymous on Saturday because that happens in football.

I'd go for:

Bents
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Worral Wordsworth Leonard Timlin
Piggott Hunt

I like this line up, the main issue I see is that PB likes Worrell on the left , meaning that Timlin is out of place on the right. I'd love to see the same four but maybe in this line up ...:-

Lenny - Wordsworth Timlin - Worrell

As mentioned elsewhere, last night will have given PB a selection headache with so many players who missed out at the weekend impressing. Walsall will be on a high after their injury time winner in a 4-3 victory away at Forest, and had a decent result last weekend with a 1-1 draw against Oldham.

I'd think we might go with a 4-4-2, given that it worked last night and will be at home, so looking to take the game to them a bit more than at Fleetwood.

Bentley,
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker,
Mooney, Pigott

Subs: Ted Smith, Prosser, Deegan, Atkinson, Payne, Weston, Hunt

Thought Worrall was excellent last night and scored a great goal at the weekend so has justified inclusion, while Timlin gives us a bit more flexibility and also did well last night, whereas I don't think Hurst or Weston did enough to warrant inclusion.

Attendance around 7,000 with 300-400 from Walsall.

We played 442 at Fleetwood as well.

Id go with that side though but agree if Hunt is fit enough Id start with him.

I like this line up, the main issue I see is that PB likes Worrell on the left , meaning that Timlin is out of place on the right. I'd love to see the same four but maybe in this line up ...:-

Was Worrall just moved to the left because of Brighton's set up though? He started on the right after all.

I miss 4-5-1 and the countless threads that brought us after not scoring at home...

We played 442 at Fleetwood as well.

Id go with that side though but agree if Hunt is fit enough Id start with him.

Was Worrall just moved to the left because of Brighton's set up though? He started on the right after all.

When he came on on Saturday PB moved him to the left. Of course he is naturally a right side midfielder , but I think, bit like last season we saw Worrell cutting in more from the left than always being on the right. Again , just my take and maybe because PB realises that we are short for a natural left sided winger/midfielder . Like i said, I do like the four named and actually it does give us options for different positions for the players that start.

Think PB is more likely to start Hunt and replace him with Mooney earlier than vice versa, expect a 55/60 minute substitution.

Walsall will be on a high, think there might be a few goals in this, going for a score-draw.

Last time Southend played Walsall was at roots hall was in the Capital One Cup (12th August 2014) we lost 2-1
Last time Southend played Walsall in the league at home and we lost was way back in January 1998

League wise we seem to have a good record .... only losing once in 8 meetings since 2005. so it seems to be a bit of a good omen for us.

Im going for a Bentley clean sheet and a 2-0 win for southend (of course)
UTB :happy:

Whatever the starting line up it needs to be 4-4-2 for me. We don't have a player who can't hold it up on their own. My choice currently would be Piggot and Hunt but wouldn't be surprised if Mooney comes in for Hunt considering he's not completely match fit yet and also the slight knock that he got last night.

We must just go out and attack teams from the off at home, don't matter who we play as we need points at home first, anything after that is a bonus, win our home games and we stay up:thumbsup:

Definitley a good shout. Im sure Lenny could more than handle himself on the wing or just left midfield

Back