• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I think it’s safe to say that John White will be missing for this game, and after last week’s substitution for him I think it’s probable that Anton will return from the start. Apart from that I can’t see Mr Powell making any further changes from the Posh starters.

There is no mention of Mantom having arrived yet, let alone being fit so the bench won’t be too different to Posh either. It is possible that Ladapo get could Fortune’s place but that is unlikely.
So:
Oxley​
Demetriou Turner Ferdinand Coker​
Mclaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly​
Cox Fortune

We’ve already got a thread going about how we could beat them so I’m not adding anything on that, but I really do fancy us to send the Wigan faithful home v miserable. 8k gate and 2-0 to SUFC for me.

I think it’s safe to say that John White will be missing for this game, and after last week’s substitution for him I think it’s probable that Anton will return from the start. Apart from that I can’t see Mr Powell making any further changes from the Posh starters.

There is no mention of Mantom having arrived yet, let alone being fit so the bench won’t be too different to Posh either. It is possible that Ladapo get could Fortune’s place but that is unlikely.
So:
Oxley​
Cox Fortune

We’ve already got a thread going about how we could beat them so I’m not adding anything on that, but I really do fancy us to send the Wigan faithful home v miserable. 8k gate and 2-0 to SUFC for me.

Agree with that. It’s not broken at the minute so don’t fix it (aside from the obvious change in defence)

Id love us to get something from this game, I'd take a draw right now against Wigan who have only let in 13 goals in the league and only lost 3 games, we need to just go out and attack this lot from the off:thumbsup:

Wigan certainly have an impressive away record P13 W10 D2 L1 F32 A9...better than even Man City on goal difference.

We will need another top performance from the boys in defence. Certainly JW will be out so Anton to start. I would start with Freddie as we need more punch upfront. I hear people saying MAF works hard, holds the ball etc but for me he doesn't use the ball well enough when he does have it under control and never ruffs up the opposition enough. Start with Freddie and save MAF for the last 20 when he does his best work down the channels as the game gets stretched.

No good letting Wigan slip into their comfort zone as we could soon be chasing the game. With good support and some early pressure, even an early goal. Then like Blackburn or Peterborough last week we could soon have a few of their names squabbling with team mates.

The natural pessimist in me can only see a defeat, and thankfully when I feel this way I'm very often wrong. But it is Wigan. So putting my pessimism aside for a moment, 1-1.

"Wigan certainly have an impressive away record P13 W10 D2 L1 F32 A9...better than even Man City on goal difference."

Somehow I wish I didn't know that!

When deciding a partner for Turner, I think I'd go for the greater pace of Kyprianou over Anton's experience.

I'd probably also go for Ladapo in place of Fortune. If Ladapo does get the nod I really hope he gets early goals to get the fans on his side. I'd like to think they already would be but I fear he may be a player whose role/contribution/style is misunderstood and frustrates some fans. I desperately want him to succeed, not just as Chris Powell's first signing and a player returning to his Roots, but I also think he could be key for next season. Fingers crossed for him and us.

Of course what always helps is having a good song. Any suggestions?

(With that in mind how do you pronounce his name - is it La-dapo, Lad-apo, Lada-po etc?)

So:
Oxley​
Cox Fortune

Just taken a look at the Wigan website and they estimate that approximately 400 fans will visit the Hall.

Based on this very poor showing I cant see us getting 8K... It would be nice but I would have thought that they would have brought more than this. Top of the table and a poor travelling support. :thumbdown:

When deciding a partner for Turner, I think I'd go for the greater pace of Kyprianou over Anton's experience.

I'd probably also go for Ladapo in place of Fortune. If Ladapo does get the nod I really hope he gets early goals to get the fans on his side. I'd like to think they already would be but I fear he may be a player whose role/contribution/style is misunderstood and frustrates some fans. I desperately want him to succeed, not just as Chris Powell's first signing and a player returning to his Roots, but I also think he could be key for next season. Fingers crossed for him and us.

Of course what always helps is having a good song. Any suggestions?

(With that in mind how do you pronounce his name - is it La-dapo, Lad-apo, Lada-po etc?
)

La-dapo sounds to French.......Lada-po sounds like a bad Eastern European car....So for me its Lad-apo...especially if you emphasize the Lad bit in your best Essex boy accent.

Wigan certainly have an impressive away record P13 W10 D2 L1 F32 A9...better than even Man City on goal difference.

According to Soccerbase their league away record is as follows..

P13 W10 D1 L2 F32 A9

Not that it changes much

With a win ratio of 76.9% and on average 2.46 goals every game away from home while only conceding on average 0.69 goals, its going to take something exceptional to nullify their threat.

But I have every confidence. :blush:

Last edited:
Just taken a look at the Wigan website and they estimate that approximately 400 fans will visit the Hall.

Based on this very poor showing I cant see us getting 8K... It would be nice but I would have thought that they would have brought more than this. Top of the table and a poor travelling support. :thumbdown:

Agreed..very shabby for a top of the table team....on the plus side, we've just tipped over 6k for the game....be nice to get 7k though ..:unsure:

thing is they are basically a lower league Chelski/City, far higher in the league-system than they would be if it wasn't for their sugar daddy. Nothing against them but underneath the nice stadium & recent prem history they are just another small lower league club.

thing is they are basically a lower league Chelski/City, far higher in the league-system than they would be if it wasn't for their sugar daddy. Nothing against them but underneath the nice stadium & recent prem history they are just another small lower league club.

This is very true but you would expect (from there latest prem outing) they'd be better supported. 400 is very poor indeed.

It's simple. Get the players to just go out and go at em.

Get us the fans making a right noise and cheering every blues player and jeering all of theirs.

Let's get the roots hall roar echoing around the ground.

Most importantly let's not forget we are playing a league 1 Wigan side and not man city.

They are beatable and we don't need to show too much respect.

I think I'd be very happy to have a nice stadium and recent Prem history, small lower league club or not.

Back