• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United want Tuesday's game with Forest Green Rovers to go ahead

Will the game with FGR happen on Tuesday and will the embargo magically disappear in time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron's just said to CP, that he expects the embargo to be lifted by the end of the three players isolation period, so two weeks?
So why on earth does he want Tuesday's game to go ahead? What is different from Saturday? He's not expecting a rap on the knuckles from the EFL (or worse) is he? Something doesn't feel right about this.

So why on earth does he want Tuesday's game to go ahead? What is different from Saturday? He's not expecting a rap on the knuckles from the EFL (or worse) is he? Something doesn't feel right about this.

I read it as Saturday couldn't happen because Elvis, Coker, Olayinka and Kyprianou weren't available on Saturday but will be on Tuesday.

7 potential theories - take your pick

1) He expects to have a payment plan agreed with HMRC and for the embargo to be lifted by Tuesday allowing us to register Akinola, Hart etc
2) He expects to receive some special dispensation to register extra players because of covid
3) Youth team players need time to be moved from youth team bubble/be registered (and 9:40pm was past their bed time so too late to call them) and so we'll be playing with Kenny Coker (who didn't play for the youths Saturday) up front, Oli Coker on the bench etc
4) He expects players currently injured to be fit by Tuesday
5) He's expecting a cash influx which will allow him to pay off the debts causing the embargo
6) He's been bollocked by the EFL and told he was out of line
7) Forest Green are staying in the area overnight and have told him they'll charge him for their costs if he cancels it

I read it as Saturday couldn't happen because Elvis, Coker, Olayinka and Kyprianou weren't available on Saturday but will be on Tuesday.

Kyprianou's loan expires tomorrow.

What's the story with the other three?

Kyprianou's loan expires tomorrow.

What's the story with the other three?

“Harry Kyprianou’s loan spell at Bromley finished on Saturday, fingers crossed James Olayinka’s groin will be improved, Elvis (Bwomono) shall have recovered from his globe-trotting and Kenny Coker will be available for selection” said Martin.

That's what was written in the echo article.

This thread shouldn't take long. Simple poll, a few options, off you go.

And if the game does happen then this thread can morph into the proper pre match thread - simple.

Last edited:
I don't think Kenny Coker has played for a few weeks, so I guess he is/was injured

Can we have the normal thread please. Very amusing but on the basis the game is hoped to go ahead it would be nice to see how people feel we should set up

Can we have the normal thread please. Very amusing but on the basis the game is hoped to go ahead it would be nice to see how people feel we should set up
If it's looking more likely tomorrow then I'll make the changes, but for now it's as it is.

It was very clear I thought- providing Olayinka is indeed fit we will have 4 additional players available compared with Sat and so can field a team including 5 subs. I thought this was pretty clear too. I don’t think it’s so much wanting to but able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back