• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United will be back in training today

Genuine question, is testing still part of the EFL protocol?

If not I do not understand the need for training in groups of 5 still. Other clubs, who it must be noted could have paid for testing, are now in full training and have been at least 2 weeks.

I'm a grassroots level coach and I can, if I want to, now coach up to groups of 30 players. So why cant we?

If not I do not understand the need for training in groups of 5 still. Other clubs, who it must be noted could have paid for testing, are now in full training and have been at least 2 weeks.

I'm a grassroots level coach and I can, if I want to, now coach up to groups of 30 players. So why cant we?

This is exactly it, I do not want to go full in depth on politics/agendas/covid stuff but the level of contradictions we are dealing with in society currently is just beyond stupid.

A professional football team cannot train altogether but they can go to a pub and drink out of a old dirty pint glass with a bunch of other people? GTFOH...

No idea of the protocol but I've been following the resumption of sport in the US and baseball teams have been badly affected when it spreads through a team and they've had to field much weakened teams when there's been an outbreak. NFL teams watching this are now being strategic about it and going beyond protocols to ensure that the QBs don't all train together so they aren't left without a QB if one of them gets ill.

That said, I think I read that those groups of five would all be the same position!

Reactions: GBJ
This is exactly it, I do not want to go full in depth on politics/agendas/covid stuff but the level of contradictions we are dealing with in society currently is just beyond stupid.

A professional football team cannot train altogether but they can go to a pub and drink out of a old dirty pint glass with a bunch of other people? GTFOH...
Oh and not to mention get on a crowded plane with 300 other people or sit crammed together on a beach. But 20 footballers, in the open, training is highly dangerous...please don't introduce logic into a place where there is none.

don't get me going on this ! running clubs still aren't training together due to ongoing covid restrictions for them !.......anyway:Off Topic:

Because we don't have 30 players.

5 is probably closer to the real figure.

Chris Phillips said in his tweet: "For obvious reasons we aren’t able to take pictures of training today like we normally would on the first day back."

Any idea why they can't take pictures????

Chris Phillips said in his tweet: "For obvious reasons we aren’t able to take pictures of training today like we normally would on the first day back."

Any idea why they can't take pictures????

COVID training ground protocols will be very strict and media access will be of an extremely low priority.

Reactions: GBJ
COVID training ground protocols will be very strict and media access will be of an extremely low priority.

People seem to think there’s some cloak and dagger reason, but it really is as simple as Covid restrictions.

They won’t be unveiling the manager at training anyway, simply because not all the players willl be there at the same time.

or if it is Fagan he'll be introducing himself to the team in small groups to set out what he expects from them, just a thought

Pics of the new training kit on the OS suggests Humphrys is certainly not a Barrow player yet.

Back