• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United winger Terrell Egbri still working his way back to full fitness

I don't think its any coincidence our sudden run of bad form started when him and Olayinka got injured. At the time they were the only players we had who scared the opposition and gave them something to think about. Hopefully we're a bit stronger all round now.

I don't think its any coincidence our sudden run of bad form started when him and Olayinka got injured. At the time they were the only players we had who scared the opposition and gave them something to think about. Hopefully we're a bit stronger all round now.

Agreed. Won't hurt having someone like Holmes around to show the youngster how it's done... He can learn a lot from him.

Would prefer Eren Kinali instead of Terrel in the squad, looked really good last year and has picked up again in the U23's...

Would prefer Eren Kinali instead of Terrel in the squad, looked really good last year and has picked up again in the U23's...
I think Kinali is too old, the first team squad is now full for over 21's.

Last edited:
I think Kinali is too old, the first team squad is now full for over 21's.

Kinali is still only 20 years old; he's 21 next week and would therefore fall into the category of the U21 Contract Players. I believe the issue with Eren and Miles Mitchell-Nelson is that they were de-registered to free up spaces when we were under a registration embargo (which had a different cap to the general EFL squad size cap) and I'm not sure of the mechanism for re-registering a player during the same season when that has occurred.

Both, and particularly Kinali, are doing all they can and getting their heads down in the U23s. The suspension of football at Steps 3-6 has probably had a particularly detrimental effect on their ability to get competitive football this season.

Kinali is still only 20 years old; he's 21 next week and would therefore fall into the category of the U21 Contract Players. I believe the issue with Eren and Miles Mitchell-Nelson is that they were de-registered to free up spaces when we were under a registration embargo (which had a different cap to the general EFL squad size cap) and I'm not sure of the mechanism for re-registering a player during the same season when that has occurred.

Both, and particularly Kinali, are doing all they can and getting their heads down in the U23s. The suspension of football at Steps 3-6 has probably had a particularly detrimental effect on their ability to get competitive football this season.

Yep - you're right on Kinali's age - I looked it up before posting as well, so must've had a brain fart.

Back