• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United withdraw from Essex Senior Cup

No mention of why, but we know it's because our pitch is embarrassingly crap.

Well done to Braintree for having a playable surface.

As said above, quite how we are going to host 5 matches on the spin is beyond me. Pray for dry weather...

They must have agreed it because of the state of our pitch.

Doesn't bode well when you consider we have 5 home games in Feb.

Also because we probably could not afford to pay for stewards.

On Saturday in East Yellows there were no stewards. There were more people than available seats in this area meaning people were standing/sitting in the entrance aisle. With no stewards to sort it out...un-professional, not safe and complete disgrace.

Note the price increased from £5 to £10

Gives me bit of a headache this, Southend game or bishop stortford v herne bay, I’ll leave it to last thing as one may be postponed

Good decision. I caught 5 minutes of West Ham Ladies v Man City on Sunday evening, played at Dagenham's ground. That pitch has been exposed to similar conditions to ours, has had more games played on it, yet it looked, and played, like a carpet.

Good decision. I caught 5 minutes of West Ham Ladies v Man City on Sunday evening, played at Dagenham's ground. That pitch has been exposed to similar conditions to ours, has had more games played on it, yet it looked, and played, like a carpet.
What were these ladies doing on a football pitch/carpet ? Hoovering perhaps or trying to kick a ball ?
The BBC will probably report there was a record crowd because someone had managed to give away 25,000 free tickets.

Also because we probably could not afford to pay for stewards.

On Saturday in East Yellows there were no stewards. There were more people than available seats in this area meaning people were standing/sitting in the entrance aisle. With no stewards to sort it out...un-professional, not safe and complete disgrace.

Note the price increased from £5 to £10
i sit in the East Yellows as have a ST in there. There were stewards but not enough. There were also spare seats but a lot had sat in seats that werent theirs. For example i had 6 seats for my group, when we turned up people were sat in them. I asked them to move and they did. Again to seats that werent theirs so moved again. It wasnt well organised. I hope for the next round they at least open the East and West so that more people are likely to attend

i sit in the East Yellows as have a ST in there. There were stewards but not enough. There were also spare seats but a lot had sat in seats that werent theirs. For example i had 6 seats for my group, when we turned up people were sat in them. I asked them to move and they did. Again to seats that werent theirs so moved again. It wasnt well organised. I hope for the next round they at least open the East and West so that more people are likely to attend
I am also a season ticket holder in East Yellows and I sit very close to the entrance aisle.

There were definitely no stewards at the entrance of the aisle like there normally is for home games. The people standing and sitting in the aisle were looking for a steward to get people sat in their purchased seats to move.

Also from where i was sat I could not see any spare seats. As others have said, it looks like either seats were double sold or people blagged there way in. When I went to put my ticket in the entrance gate the young lad at the gate just told me to flash my ticket and he let me through with his pass.

Quick look at Braintree Town Football Club Limited accounts. No income statement - just balance sheet. Looks like they probably made a loss of £70k in the year to 31 July 21. Number of employees fell from 9 in 2020 to zero in 2021 (did they sack everybody due to covid?). Directors and other companies owned by the directors are owed just under £1m

I am also a season ticket holder in East Yellows and I sit very close to the entrance aisle.

There were definitely no stewards at the entrance of the aisle like there normally is for home games. The people standing and sitting in the aisle were looking for a steward to get people sat in their purchased seats to move.

Also from where i was sat I could not see any spare seats. As others have said, it looks like either seats were double sold or people blagged there way in. When I went to put my ticket in the entrance gate the young lad at the gate just told me to flash my ticket and he let me through with his pass.
Agree that the stewarding was no where no adequate but aren't there laws around this sort of thing? Regarding empty seats there were at least 5-10 in the yellow block near me. Im certain some people were using two seats each so they were less squashed etc. it certainly did seem over crowded in certain places for sure. The turnstiles defo weren't working properly as none of our tickets worked. We just showed them to the steward and she let us in

....er, chaps - it's the pre-match Braintree thread, if you have opinions regarding stewarding in the East yellows last Saturday, more appropriate threads are available! Thanks

Last edited:
Back