• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How many games did he actually play for Portsmouth though to make him more famous than Darryl? And Darryl's half a dozen gams for Palace probably usurp Aaron.

I think Glenn Keely (Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton) may have been John's brother.

Barry Hunter son of Allan? I'm about 90% sure on that one

Aaron Flahavan is way more famous and is certainly more infamous following his death. Was Pompey's first choice keeper when they were championship and a big club and IIRC replaced Alan Knight when Knight hung finally up his boots. Darryl appeared in just two league games for Palace.

Mark Gower's aunt David captained England.

GK - Darryl (brother of Aaron) Flahavan
RB - Dave (brother of Frank) Worthington
CB - Peter (brother of Dave) Watson
CB - Leon (brother of Carl) Cort
LB - Graham (brother of Ray) Wilkins
RM - Mark (son of Terry) Cooper
CM - Gavin (son of Gordon) Strachan
CM - Alan (brother of Brian) Little
LM - Terry (brother of Chris) Nicholl
Forward - Jimmy (brother of Bill) Shankly
Forward - Danny (son of Jimmy) Greaves

Chris Barker brother of Richie???

Wasn't Blair's dad involved in football??

Terry Nichols - brother Dave (Villa) cousin Jimmy (Man Utd)
Dave Regis - brother Cyrille (at least according to Wiki)

Terry NICHOLL (76/77) was the brother of England forward Chris Nicholl and cousin of Jimmy Nicholl. He was a very good right winger, but could also play left wing.

Aaron Flahavan is way more famous and is certainly more infamous following his death. Was Pompey's first choice keeper when they were championship and a big club and IIRC replaced Alan Knight when Knight hung finally up his boots.

Alan Knight has hung up his boots - Oh bugger - when did that happen? I remember seeing him play against Southend away at Pompey in the early 80's (?83? 84?) when they (Pompey) were on the way up and we were considering relegation to division 4. Those were the days when footballers like Mark Hateley had proper hair styles .......... I hope you are reading this Msrs Barnard, Reeves & Leonard .........:winking:

I seem to remember Bob (brother of Frank) Worthington also playing for us. He was rubbish!! Full back I think?

I seem to remember Bob (brother of Frank) Worthington also playing for us. He was rubbish!! Full back I think?

Yep, we had Dave Worthington at right back and brother Bob at left. He wasn't all that bad though from memory, although I think he was succeeded by two successively very good left backs in Andy Ford and then Steve Yates.

If you widen it out to any famous dad/brother etc we could count the youth team trialist who was the son of the guy in the A-team, but I suppose thats not allowed..:sad:

Back