• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's Ben Reeves: Time to regroup

Good stuff last night from "The Anaemic Cadette" - if one of his wriggly efforts in the first half had gone in we might have got something last night.
Hopefully he can cause Clarke Carlisle a few conumdrums on Saturday- however my worry is how are we going to cope with those ruffians Akinfenwa & Platt?.

Whether we have a full first choice squad or a makeshift side, the team we put out can rarely muster a consistent ninety minutes. They often show what they can do in fits and starts. Many of the performances are reminiscent, in terms of creativity (lack of), of the majority of below acceptable standard games of last season. Different style same lack of clue. Our early season flamboyance has dissipated.

There are a few characters in our side that need to learn every game is about ninety plus minutes and consistency is a key. Pulling together in the second half in a lot of games is not acceptable. No doubt my comments will receive scorn from certain quarters but I am of the opinion that although we may not have our best players on the pitch we are not getting the best out of the players that do turn out.

Man up Blues because the ship is in full sail and right now its not in the right direction.

No doubt my comments will receive scorn from certain quarters but I am of the opinion that although we may not have our best players on the pitch we are not getting the best out of the players that do turn out.

Man up Blues because the ship is in full sail and right now its not in the right direction.
Aye aye, captain.

No scorn here. It's been clear, on occasions, that we don't really count the first half. We've also got away with it a few times. If by flamboyance you mean 'squad' then I'm in agreement. That kind of fluency only comes with familiarity, and that's impossible when the players keep meeting new ones in the dressing room before games.

Back