• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
We've had some great players come through the youth system over the last 10 years and I think it could be interesting to see what kind of lineup we can conjure up from our current and ex academy lads.

Not necessarily who did best for us, but also what they went on to achieve. For example, Kightly, didn't set the world alight for us, but turned into a gem.

Based on a 4-4-2 formation. I've got my XI in mind but interested to see what everyone else thinks! Do your thing SZ :thumbsup:

I don't think there's much doubt on the GK, young Dan is the best we've seen come through the ranks, certainly in recent years. Back in the 70s, Sean Rafter came through from what were the reserves in those days, I thought he was a pretty good keeper, and he went on to a higher league from us. I know it's not worth mentioning John Keeley for some on here!

Most of the players who have come through in the last 10 years are still quite young. Like N'Goo and Della-Verde who have a lot of potential.

As for goalkeepers, I've heard that Chambers is held in a higher regard than Bentley and we also have Ted Smith coming through.

Looking forward to seeing what Pinnock and Payne have to offer, if Payne does get offered a contract.

The problem is that we never get to see any of these youth players any more because they move to bigger clubs at the age of 14 or 15.
I'm guessing the names Ferdinand, O'Keefe, Orengua, Moussa will be in your list. Possibly Roget if he fits within the 10 years.

We've had some great players come through the youth system over the last 10 years and I think it could be interesting to see what kind of lineup we can conjure up from our current and ex academy lads.

Not necessarily who did best for us, but also what they went on to achieve. For example, Kightly, didn't set the world alight for us, but turned into a gem.

Based on a 4-4-2 formation. I've got my XI in mind but interested to see what everyone else thinks! Do your thing SZ :thumbsup:

I'm not limiting it to 10 years as (a) you're doing well to promote a player a season so we'd be doing well to fill in 10 out of 11, whilst those who have come through in the last couple of years won't have achieved anything and (b) even Kightly graduated more than 10 years ago.

M. Capelton
A. Edwards S. Prior P. Clark L. Johnson
M. Kightly K. Ferdinand P. Smith Moussa
M. Harrold S. Brown

Subs Bentley, Roget, McSweeney, O'Keefe, Ngoo/Crawford - difficult to separate those two as one has scored a few goals in the Scottish Prem the other in the Blue Square Prem.

ps I'm not suggesting that Mel Capelton is a better keeper than Dan Bentley but Bentley is all promise whereas Capelton can actually boast a season+ of being first choice.

Back