• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The 90% Rule:

The first 90 percent of the project accounts for the first 10 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the project accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

Corrected to make the maths work...

Have we officially dropped the size of the proposed stadium, or is that just without the 4th stand?

This is my first thread on the new ground?

How can flats be built and not finish staduim.I think its horrible not finishing a staduim it looks s.... not the same i hope the flats have 3 sides to.

:zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz:

when i see heavy machinery etc etc actually building stuff then i will believe it

Can't help you there, but I did see a big box of lego being delivered the other day.

He must have the best barnet of any football league chairman.

I'm glad someone has taken this thread back to what really matters. In the event of tonight's JPT tie finishing in a draw, the outcome should be determined by the referee and his assistants deciding which of the club's chairmen has the best hair.

The 90% Rule:

The first 90 percent of the project accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the project accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

Corrected to make the maths work...

NO ! The maths isn't meant to work. That the total development time sums to 180% is a wry allusion to the notorious tendency of development projects to significantly overrun their original schedules. It expresses both the rough allocation of time to easy and hard portions of a project and the cause of the lateness of many projects (that is, failure to anticipate the hard parts). In other words, it takes more time and effort than expected to make a project work.

This rule has its origins in software development but works for Ron too.

The good thing is, the tender is only valid for 6 months from agreement. So we would have to start construction by around April next year at the very latest. Or we will have to go through the whole tender process again.

Hopefully we will be on-site Jan/Feb time though.

NO ! The maths isn't meant to work. That the total development time sums to 180% is a wry allusion to the notorious tendency of development projects to significantly overrun their original schedules. It expresses both the rough allocation of time to easy and hard portions of a project and the cause of the lateness of many projects (that is, failure to anticipate the hard parts). In other words, it takes more time and effort than expected to make a project work.

This rule has its origins in software development but works for Ron too.

But you're missing my point...

I can't recall when the Fossetts development plans started but lets say for arguments sake, it's 6 years. Under your 90% rule we have already had 90% of the development which would indicate 100% of the development would take 6.67 years. The final 10% takes another 90% of the t

Hmmmm very cautious/hesitant from RM, let's hope he is right about the timescales this time........

Did you believe him last time(s) ?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (but then, what did Einstein know?)

Is it me or is there a general mistrust/disrespect on these boards for Ron Martin? The same Ron Martin that has ridden a recession that destroyed so many bigger businesses and continued to provide us with a club? The same Ron Martin that at the eleventh hour has pulled The Mighty Blues from the fire at huge personal cost in terms of time and finance? The Ron Martin that everyone hated for reneging on players contracts/wages even though if he had honoured them we may not have a club today? The same Ron Martin that is presently presiding over a club sitting top of the league and once again filling the fans hearts with pride? The same Ron Martin that wants/needs a new stadium as much as any right minded supporter? If RM had his way the new stadium would have already been built. The guy is doing his best and I am sure will deliver. Many supporters may blame him for so much but there are always two sides to every situation and rarely has his side been acknowledged or understood. I feel its time for the fans to back RM because as sure as eggs are eggs he is very much a huge part of SUFC and the constant barrage of abuse can only be counterproductive. Thank you Ron for all your efforts and I as much as you hope you succeed in bringing the kind of future to SUFC that we all dream of. UTB

Is it me or is there a general mistrust/disrespect on these boards for Ron Martin? The same Ron Martin that has ridden a recession that destroyed so many bigger businesses and continued to provide us with a club? The same Ron Martin that at the eleventh hour has pulled The Mighty Blues from the fire at huge personal cost in terms of time and finance? The Ron Martin that everyone hated for reneging on players contracts/wages even though if he had honoured them we may not have a club today? The same Ron Martin that is presently presiding over a club sitting top of the league and once again filling the fans hearts with pride? The same Ron Martin that wants/needs a new stadium as much as any right minded supporter? If RM had his way the new stadium would have already been built. The guy is doing his best and I am sure will deliver. Many supporters may blame him for so much but there are always two sides to every situation and rarely has his side been acknowledged or understood. I feel its time for the fans to back RM because as sure as eggs are eggs he is very much a huge part of SUFC and the constant barrage of abuse can only be counterproductive. Thank you Ron for all your efforts and I as much as you hope you succeed in bringing the kind of future to SUFC that we all dream of. UTB

Green on way

Fantastic stuff, great to see a post like this once in a while.:clap:

At last... Someone speaking some sense! Never understood most of the criticism that RM gets.

At last... Someone speaking some sense! Never understood most of the criticism that RM gets.

Just for starters he lost the little respect I had for him with his countless lies stating the tax man had been paid not to mention that the players had also been paid when they hadn't on god knows how many occassions.

He had staff working at the club shop etc not getting paid for months on end then he rolls up in a brand new bentley. however he got it how does that look to staff who can't pay their mortgages or put food on the table. Players publically come out saying how hard it was to pay their bills also.

People have very short memories.

Sorry to prove your post wrong but he took over the club with the mind to make money through the new stadium project. He didnt have the clubs best interest at heart when we were going through the financial crisis, he clung onto the club and dragged it down with his own problems in the hope of financial gain at the end of the road.

As for Ron being involved in the top of the table team affairs.....Tara is calling the shots there, all credit to him not Ron. Do you believe we would have the same budget if Tara wasnt calling the shots?

Funny how now he has popped up with some news on the new stadium now the team is doing well. How many times have we heard the new stadium is nearly ready? On that evidence he cannot be trusted. "We will be in the new stadium by 2008" was quoted in 2005. There's some evidence to prove his untrustworthy. Please provide me with some to say otherwise if you want to disagree!!!!!

Back