• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

:zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz::zzzzz:

when i see heavy machinery etc etc actually building stuff then i will believe it

And the Southend chairman has reiterated the importance of the proposed 14,000-seater stadium to the club's future.

Have we officially dropped the size of the proposed stadium, or is that just without the 4th stand?

Not going to be sucked in. Even if it gets complete I won't be happy because I don't want to leave Roots Hall. It's home.

just glad mr martin has said something even be it a bit late, glad we are moving forward at last, well in the new year anyway:blush:

It will be done when it's done. I am in no rush for it but it will be nice when it arrives. Huge project so not surprised it has taken this long, what with all the other tax troubles we have had.

So what do all the Ron Haters think?

I'm bored of the whole sorry saga. We'll do a Brighton though and open up the new stadium, the season we get back into the Championship. We'll then average 14,000 every week. With 8,000 on the waiting list. Prompting immediate construction of the 4th stand. Build it and they will come!!

I'm bored of the whole sorry saga. We'll do a Brighton though and open up the new stadium, the season we get back into the Championship. We'll then average 14,000 every week. With 8,000 on the waiting list. Prompting immediate construction of the 4th stand. Build it and they will come!!

I had no idea that you smoked crack.

Seriously though i very much doubt ron would go to the bbc and do an interview if it were not near the mark

Yeah, moving out of Root Hall is a must ... how nice, if our new stadium be ready by the time we start out our first season in the Championship in within 3 years :P

Tenders were in on August 1st and last only 6 months. By that we start by Feb 1st - or we go back to tender which will take at least 4 months.

The 90% Rule:

The first 90 percent of the project accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the project accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

i partially agree with this but roots hall is a ***t hole.

to be fair its not our beloved teams only home, albeit its the only one ive known, it will be a sad day when we leave but the future generations will want modernistic ideals ...the days of weeing up against a wall and changing ends at half time are distant memories as is charging down the steps of the old southbank, it would be nice to see us sustain quality football in my lifetime and the only option we have for that is a larger ground....:sad: :smile:

Instead of a date that we start building that never comes to pass, now its percentages 90 percent, how long will the other 10 per take. Why not just start building when he is ready,and forget the bullshite.

Back