• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Uniteds number 1 - and what Tilson should have done.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Darryl - welcome back - the grass was never greener for me - just a few fools on here fooled by the tape the other fellow puts around his ankles - check my posts Darryl - not a wobble from me.

And Tilly ....well this a bit of a mess - out of two cups already - and we were
comfortable enough up there but started playing on the back foot - Black off
Francis on makes its worse. Probabley missing JCR as well ......and Charlie Mac
getting injured - means theres nothing upfront - so not sure if i think you could have done anything different - BUT I CAN@T stand losing -

Hahahaha.

Making a drama out of going out of the League Cup to a team in the division above and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Might have to green for that gag.

And Tilly ....well this a bit of a mess - out of two cups already -

Id like to still be in the cups but hardly a mess.

Losing to a Championship side away is hardly a disgrace.

4 league wins out of 5 says we are doing ok.

Id like to still be in the cups but hardly a mess.

Losing to a Championship side away is hardly a disgrace.

4 league wins out of 5 says we are doing ok.

4 wins out of the last 5 league games you mean... or 4 in 7 overall

either way im not bothered at being out of the CC and paint trophy, concentrate on the league and improving on our already pretty solid start

4 wins out of the last 5 league games you mean... or 4 in 7 overall

either way im not bothered at being out of the CC and paint trophy, concentrate on the league and improving on our already pretty solid start

4 out of the last 5 is what I meant for current form.

As you say, 5th in the table is a decent start and whilst I dont think its beneficial to be out of the cups the league is always the priority and as long as we are doing ok there Im happy...

I am more than happy to be out the cups.

Unwelcomed distraction on the league and means we pick up knocks and cards whch effect us in the league.

I am more than happy to be out the cups.

Unwelcomed distraction on the league and means we pick up knocks and cards whch effect us in the league.

Another yellow for Macca I see last night (was it as a protest for their winning goal, he looks rather angry on the OS gallery pics?)

Darryl - welcome back - the grass was never greener for me - just a few fools on here fooled by the tape the other fellow puts around his ankles - check my posts Darryl - not a wobble from me.

getting injured - means theres nothing upfront - so not sure if i think you could have done anything different - BUT I CAN@T stand losing -

your talking out ur **** mate. collis's mistake last night was the first i'v seen him make and plus from what i have seen from the highlights the defence was shocking, especially for the 1st goal. when francis came on he almost scored. harrolds improved dramatically(never thought i'd say that) and we didnt have clarke. and for the missing JCR i think we've been better without him. more crosses, more possestion and black can tackle and hold of players. and like everyone else has said the league is far more important. so :finger: jog on .

thing about JCR is that he retained possession and did the oppos head in - they of course were always unaware of his weaknesses .... whatever - Black
looks lively very, very occasionally but has not done that much actual damage and of course JCRs defensive work was always very good ......

big fan of Francis but probabley prefer Gilbert at RB -

hey ho - Darryls very lively with his ground work in amongst forwards in the
six yard box - sometimes being small and nimble is an advantage - and I would rather see him in goal for SUFC than any other keeper - to me hes our no.1 - and capable of top quality performances on the big stage - Spurs away comes to mind - think Collis was flapping at a cross a bit earlier as well -

Darryls the man -

hey ho - Darryls very lively with his ground work in amongst forwards in the
six yard box - sometimes being small and nimble is an advantage - and I would rather see him in goal for SUFC than any other keeper - to me hes our no.1 - and capable of top quality performances on the big stage - Spurs away comes to mind - think Collis was flapping at a cross a bit earlier as well -

Darryls the man -

Rayleigh Boy & Wiggy sitting in a tree.
K I S S I N G

:thump:

You could take into account the fact that Collis had dealt quite well with a lot of aerial threats all night and that he was adamant he was impeded for the second goal. Maybe I'm a fool and you're not but I'm still happy for Collis to retain his place on Saturday as I don't think Flavs would have prevented either of the two goals going in.

Also a lot of people aren't necessarily that upset that we're out of these cups as they represent a drain on our resources (and mine too if the truth be known).

Another yellow for Macca I see last night (was it as a protest for their winning goal, he looks rather angry on the OS gallery pics?)

No, Macca got booked for a challenge where he grabbed hold of the Blackpool guy on the way down. Probably trying to stop the bloke from getting away from him.

Back