• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anybody know who this is? Be good if he got taken to Wembley by the club.

Of course, if it is Chris Barker he will likely be there in a playing capacity anyway.

Chris Barker alleges to be younger than me.

His birthday is suspiciously close to a leap year though, so read into that what you want.

Does anybody know who this is? Be good if he got taken to Wembley by the club.

Of course, if it is Chris Barker he will likely be there in a playing capacity anyway.

Don't know who that would be I expect Dave Goody or Peter Miles may know who it is?

Not a player I know but I did mention in the Wembley forum that it would be good to see a true Southend legend Sid Broomfield at Wembley.

I wonder if Alf Bielby is still around, not sure there'd be anyone still at the club who would even think of him.

Errol Crossan, played right wing for Southend, before moving to Norwich in the late 50s, is still alive and kicking back home in Canada, at the age of 83.

Peter Heathcote has recently had his 80th birthday and lives in Westcliff. We took him for a curry before taking him to the JPT game against Brentford to celebrate his birthday.

Top man, well-known in the local football scene and still a big Southend fan!!

I see Alf Bilby every Sunday, when he calls in to the shop to pay his papers.He not long ago had a couple of days up North with Dougie Freedman at Bolton. He is well and still can't stop talking football.

I see Alf Bilby every Sunday, when he calls in to the shop to pay his papers.He not long ago had a couple of days up North with Dougie Freedman at Bolton. He is well and still can't stop talking football.
Awww, bless him. Did so much for youth football in Benfleet and then was an unpaid skivvy for the club for many years. Remember the poignant moment when his wife had recently died and they paid their respects on the pitch. Please pass on my family's regards if you see him.

Not a player but the man who was a big part in the building of Roots Hall and then the groundsmen for many years Sid Broomfield. Top bloke and sure he will be there

Back