• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's Phil Brown and David Worrall shortlisted for awards

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown and winger David Worrall have both been nominated for awards after helping the Shrimpers win all four of their league games during November.

More...

Brown has four out of four league wins but I'd give it to Ainsworth. Good win at Barnet in cup and some big league scalps. We have scraped wins against four sides in lower half.

Brown has four out of four league wins but I'd give it to Ainsworth. Good win at Barnet in cup and some big league scalps. We have scraped wins against four sides in lower half.

Agree with this..... give Wycombe the poisoned chalice of Manager of the Month :smile:

What? They have beaten Hartlepool, Cheltenham and Oxford, and a non league side in the cup?

In the lower half is an understatement. The average position of the teams we beat is 20th.

isn't relevant

rest edited as I took the big league scalps as fact when it has now been corrected, so Brown should win

In the lower half is an understatement. The average position of the teams we beat is 20th.

By co-incidence the average position of teams beaten by Wycombe last month is also 20th.

Beating home and away teams in bottom half and scraping together a dozen points from top half clubs would win promotion.

you are correct. For some reason I thought I read they beat Luton and someone else up there. Having checked it seems inevitable that the much maligned tactical numptey PB may win a second gong in three months.

Two out of three, not bad for a numpty...

Since 1st September

Played 14 Won 8 Drawn 3 Lost 3

Not that bad a record, when does he start getting a bit of credit?

[/I]

Since 1st September

If Phil Brown found a cure for cancer, some people would ask why he didn't find one sooner. Some might add it was all based on Paul Sturrock's research (Ooh, shall I name them? Must resist temptation).
Why people can't wish success for whoever happens to be the current manager is beyond me. I have not (yet) warmed to Brown in the same way I did eventually to Sturrock but it doesn't stop me wanting him to do well in the job. The sad thing is when Brown goes, there will be plenty of people who don't like his replacement either. Those fans withholding whole-hearted support until they get the perfect manager, chairman, players, loanees, ticket office, home shirt ,away shirt, pre-season friendlies, etc will never be happy - which is why we have so many miserable fans I suppose

[/I]

Since 1st September

Not until he has us playing like Brazil, scoring 3+ goals a game and brought in a proven premier league goal scorer....according to some.

Well done brown for the nomination and well done Ron Martin for the reduced Wycome away travel/tickets.

[/I]

Since 1st September

You forgot the Chester defeat !

This season so far,

Eliminated from every cup.

Played 22 won 10 drawn 5 lost 7 gf 25 ga 21.

15 of these games including injury time amounts to 23 hours of football and the lads scored 10 goals !

Bravo Phil bravo.

This season so far,

15 of these games including injury time amounts to 23 hours of football and the lads scored 10 goals !

Bravo Phil bravo.
I think this is a monthly award rather than the season so far. It's the a Football League's way of offering encouragement.

This season so far,

Bravo Phil bravo.

So 15 goals in 7 games then. Oh selective stats are a beauty right?

Back