• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's Phil Brown and David Worrall shortlisted for awards

Very true,

The "forwards" scored twice from open play in those games you mentioned!

Stats eh :winking:

Goalscoring forwards are so last decade anyway, you know how hipster Brown is :winking:

Goalscoring forwards are so last decade anyway, you know how hipster Brown is :winking:

Oh yes,

Winning 1 nil is the new vogue whilst boring the fans silly guarantees very soon "sold out" signs will be common at the Hall:thumbsup:.

Yes of course but JM decided to bring up stats since Sept omitting the Chester game:winking:

League games are what we are talking about, its the football league awards

Oh yes,

Winning 1 nil is the new vogue whilst boring the fans silly guarantees very soon "sold out" signs will be common at the Hall:thumbsup:.

We have scored 2 goals in three of the last four games. Keep up.

Yep this is the LEAGUE 2 manager of the month, we could have been hammered 10-0 by chester and it still wouldn't be taken into consideration

Steady on,

I thought Chester should have scored 6 but never 10 and it was only the worthless tin pot FA cup.

Steady on,

I thought Chester should have scored 6 but never 10 and it was only the worthless tin pot FA cup.

not discrediting the FA cup, it's a great trophy. Doesn't change the fact this is a league award and that result is not relevant

You forgot the Chester defeat !

This season so far,

Eliminated from every cup.

Played 22 won 10 drawn 5 lost 7 gf 25 ga 21.

15 of these games including injury time amounts to 23 hours of football and the lads scored 10 goals !

Bravo Phil bravo.

Assuming these are all league games (which they are not), then thats 35 points from 22 games, which is 1.59 points per game. That equals 73 points in a season of 46 games, which is usually just about good enough to get into the play-offs.

Not that bad really.

[/I]

Two out of three, not bad for a numpty...

Since 1st September

Played 14 Won 8 Drawn 3 Lost 3

Not that bad a record, when does he start getting a bit of credit?

Stats can be very selective as we all know. I can recall Sturrock making a point several times that his target was two points a match. At present using the season as a whole, or the selective stats you have given we are slightly below that. So I would say he is doing 'ok' but I would not say 'great' . Winning the last 4 matches does not make us a great team, in the same way as loosing 4 on the spin doesn't make us rubbish.

Having said that, having anyone from the club being nominated for any form or award has to be good news for the individuals and the club as a whole . I hope they both win. The 'curse' of the reward is simply rubbish- you get put forward because you got a month of good results, most teams cant maintain that so it is hardly a surprise that a loss is just around the corner.

You forgot the Chester defeat !

This season so far,

Eliminated from every cup.

Played 22 won 10 drawn 5 lost 7 gf 25 ga 21.

15 of these games including injury time amounts to 23 hours of football and the lads scored 10 goals !

Bravo Phil bravo.

Remind me - how does that ignore button work?

Assuming these are all league games (which they are not), then thats 35 points from 22 games, which is 1.59 points per game. That equals 73 points in a season of 46 games, which is usually just about good enough to get into the play-offs.

Not that bad really.

If play offs were the aim then I tend to agree .

For autos 80 points or better are required so we need to up the average points total to 1.8 !

Not that bad really.

Just including the league and 34 points in 19 games would be 82 points over a 46 game season.

Stats can be very selective as we all know. I can recall Sturrock making a point several times that his target was two points a match. At present using the season as a whole, or the selective stats you have given we are slightly below that. So I would say he is doing 'ok' but I would not say 'great' . Winning the last 4 matches does not make us a great team, in the same way as loosing 4 on the spin doesn't make us rubbish.

Having said that, having anyone from the club being nominated for any form or award has to be good news for the individuals and the club as a whole . I hope they both win. The 'curse' of the reward is simply rubbish- you get put forward because you got a month of good results, most teams cant maintain that so it is hardly a surprise that a loss is just around the corner.

Which is why I went back 3 months. My selection was indeed selective, the important stat being recent form, but that does show over a 3 month period, including a terrible October our performance in the league is very good, albeit our match performances not as convincing. Even going back to the beginning of the season our form puts us funnily enough in 5th position, a handful of points from top so again we are doing ok, with plenty of room for improvement.

I fully expect us to drop points over the next two games though, 3 points from those two would be a decent return.

If play offs were the aim then I tend to agree .

For autos 80 points or better are required so we need to up the average points total to 1.8 !

Our current points per game till now = 1.79
To reach 80 points we need to maintain from now = 1.70

Which is why I went back 3 months. My selection was indeed selective, the important stat being recent form, but that does show over a 3 month period, including a terrible October our performance in the league is very good, our performances not as convincing. Even going back to the beginning of the season our form puts us funnily enough in 5th position, a handful of points from top so again we are doing ok, with plenty of room for improvement.

I fully expect us to drop points over the next two games though, 3 points from those two would be a decent return.

Last 46 league games have amassed 73 points possible 6th or 7th in final table.

Last 46 league games have amassed 73 points possible 6th or 7th in final table.

Why on earth are you counting last year when we didnt even have the same players!?

Why dont you discount all the wins and then say it will takes us 54 years to accumulate.

You base this season's performances on this season's results, you dont go back till last season. :smile:.

Why on earth are you counting last year when we didnt even have the same players!?

Why dont you discount all the wins and then say it will takes us 54 years to accumulate.

You base this season's performances on this season's results, you dont go back till last season. :smile:.

Because I think we will finish 6th .

I base my analysis over this seasons games and the last 46 played:smile:

Back