• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forgot about Nicky Bailey..good call. I think the fee was "up to" £750k with add-ons. Not sure how much we received as Charlton were relegated.
Not sure we have a player worth anything like that amount now?

Including follow on sales for pineapples and other fruit related items, I thought that Jason Lee (now manager at Boston?) was sold for £400,000. A bargain for such a dedicated professional.

Including follow on sales for pineapples and other fruit related items, I thought that Jason Lee (now manager at Boston?) was sold for £400,000. A bargain for such a dedicated professional.

We had to pay Forest £175,000 to take him off of our hands.

Ah, so it was you who drove Tommy Black out. I don't think you are in a position then to give me grief for hounding Mark Gower out then! :hilarious:

One was a fat useless ****, the other was one of our best ever players. I think we all are. :angry:

did chris guthrie not go for arounf 100 000k
Yes, that is my memory, too: £100,000 to Sheffield United. I also concur with other posters about Bill Garner (£100,000 to Chelsea) and Spud Taylor (£120,000 to Crystal Palace). Slightly later, I seem to recall that we got £100,000 for goalkeeper Neil Freeman to Birmingham City. All of these would be much larger sums in today's terms.

I believe we sold Barry Conlon for £110k to Darlo after buying him for £90k - that still has to be one of the best bits of business the club has ever done to turn a profit from that clown...

I believe we sold Barry Conlon for £110k to Darlo after buying him for £90k - that still has to be one of the best bits of business the club has ever done to turn a profit from that clown...

That's not fair! He just had big feet and sadly chose to wear red boots with yellow spots ..............

Im sure we got like £200k+ for JCR when we sold him to barnsley.

Im also sure that we have sold some of our youth players for substancial undisclosed sums.

Only Freddy Otto and Powell have left me feeling empty though.

Several new entries means this is now a top 20

1. Collymore £3.65m
2. Eastwood £1.5m
3. Bentley £1.1m
4. Bailey £0.873m
=5. Powell £0.8m
=5. Otto £0.8m
7. Leonard £0.79m
8. Angell £0.5m
9. Payne £0.4m
10. Austin £0.375m
11. Edwards £0.35m
12. Prior £0.25m
13. Kane Ferdinand £0.225m
14. Hooper £0.175m plus sell on which moves him a fair way up the list (not sure how far)
=15 Barnard £0.175m
=15 Jason Lee £0.175m
=17 Ryan Cresswell £0.15m
=17 Campbell-Ryce £0.15m
=17 Edinburgh £0.15m
=17 Keith Jones £0.15m

Anyone know how much we got for Ryan Hall?

Several new entries means this is now a top 20

1. Collymore £3.65m
2. Eastwood £1.5m
3. Bentley £1.1m
4. Bailey £0.873m
=5. Powell £0.8m
=5. Otto £0.8m
7. Leonard £0.79m
8. Angell £0.5m
9. Payne £0.4m
10. Austin £0.375m
11. Edwards £0.35m
12. Prior £0.25m
13. Kane Ferdinand £0.225m
14. Hooper £0.175m plus sell on which moves him a fair way up the list (not sure how far)
=15 Barnard £0.175m
=15 Jason Lee £0.175m
=17 Ryan Cresswell £0.15m
=17 Campbell-Ryce £0.15m
=17 Edinburgh £0.15m
=17 Keith Jones £0.15m

Anyone know how much we got for Ryan Hall?
No but can I add Shane Westley £0.15m

I was under the impression we got 600k up front for Payne on the condition that we didn't ask for any add-ons or sell-ons?

Back