• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

He took him off purely because of the number of games we have in quick succession

Isn't he the youngest player? - if anyone can last the 90 mins and play Sat/Tue each week - it should be him!

Isn't he the youngest player? - if anyone can last the 90 mins and play Sat/Tue each week - it should be him!

It's not a question of can he play 90 minutes Sat/Tue because of course he would be able to. It's a question of will he be able to perform better if he has a rest when we have a ready replacement on the bench.

With a fully fit squad and assuming we continue to play 4231, I’d like to see Holmes, Akinola & Olayinka behind the striker... all have skills to play in any of the 3 positions, so interchangeable, and should be very exciting to watch.
That does sound quite fun.

It's not a question of can he play 90 minutes Sat/Tue because of course he would be able to. It's a question of will he be able to perform better if he has a rest when we have a ready replacement on the bench.

I guess that applies to every member of the team though - my thought is that as he is one of the youngest, others would benefit from the rest more?? I'll suspect we'll know more about the squad rotation in about 3 hours time!

It’s not up to u ,it’s the managers job to select the team.If he chooses to protect him ,that’s his choice

It’s not up to u ,it’s the managers job to select the team.If he chooses to protect him ,that’s his choice

Really, I wasn't aware! 90% of posts on here are questioning, team, formations, substitutions.

Back