• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

he's fit chrisb, Just couldn't get on the bench today. It will be tougher for eggbri goodship and a few others now more experience is available, but from what I gather there could be a fair bit rotation coming up between midweek and Saturday games
It shouldn't be tougher for Goodship. Experience does not equate to natural goal scorers and there were none in that side today.

he's fit chrisb, Just couldn't get on the bench today. It will be tougher for eggbri goodship and a few others now more experience is available, but from what I gather there could be a fair bit rotation coming up between midweek and Saturday games
Must say it unnerves me that MM rates acquah over goodship.
Both seem well out of their depth/not good enough but id still pick goodship over acquah any day of the week.

Also Id pick macca and taylor and ferguson and dieng above demi everytime.

It shouldn't be tougher for Goodship. Experience does not equate to natural goal scorers and there were none in that side today.
1 goal every 140 minutes so far this season we have had no goalscorers at all. Our leading goalscorer has 3 goals and he is a defender!

But just back from injury - New players needing minutes on the pitch - ranger pending. If goodship had knocked a few in it would be better for his chances.
But there will be rotation and injuries so his chance will come

Both seem well out of their depth/not good enough but id still pick goodship over acquah any day of the week.

Think 90% of fans must think the same, surely :Thumbs up:

True. But he's not shown us yet he is a natural at league level. I hope he does

Maybe, he thinks Aquah's physical presence is the asset Goodship doesn't have. He's wrong, but there again they'll have time in their natural environment: The National League.

Worried looking at that game, one shot on target is not going to win games. I don’t know what Acquah has on MM one of the worst players I have seen in my forty years of watching Southend and yet he either plays from the start or comes on as sub and does nothing (Walsall apart ). Even with Ranger what service is he going to get, watching this team is so boring just going for 0-0 draws and showing nothing going forward, no excitement like the old days when even if we lost we tried to score goals.

Maybe, he thinks Aquah's physical presence is the asset Goodship doesn't have. He's wrong, but there again they'll have time in their natural environment: The National League.
I don’t think these two will do anything in the National League, the local park is to good for them.

Worried looking at that game, one shot on target is not going to win games. I don’t know what Acquah has on MM one of the worst players I have seen in my forty years of watching Southend and yet he either plays from the start or comes on as sub and does nothing (Walsall apart ). Even with Ranger what service is he going to get, watching this team is so boring just going for 0-0 draws and showing nothing going forward, no excitement like the old days when even if we lost we tried to score goals.
Yes grim setting out not to lose every week, was hoping things might be different today then i saw the same teamsheet....

Of course for success first you need not to concede goals but if you cant score whats the point turning up.

That said i do think MM told them yo actually shoot at half time as they seemed to come out better in the second half.

I was hoping he was going to light the place up but just did not see anything special. I know it was only 20 mins or so and I hope to be proved wrong. I was hoping he would score in true hero fashion. I just hope the expectations of Ranger are better.
He should have started and must against forest green! He is better then any player we have.he hasnt player much football so it's going to take a few games to get upto speed and I'm sure he will impress against fg on weds.

[
1 goal every 140 minutes so far this season we have had no goalscorers at all. Our leading goalscorer has 3 goals and he is a defender!

The key reason for our poor scoring is the lack of opportunities created by midfield. Whilst the defence has now got some consistency MM has tinkered with the midfield and set us up as hard to beat with no creativity. Ferguson looks solid and we need more creative players around him. I was fuming seeing the team sheet today with Demi getting selected ahead of KT and macca who would have both offered much more threat going forward. We have now plenty of depth in this area and we need to stop playing defenders in midfield and be much more attack minded. Looking forward to seeing Olly back as he has some of the attacking flair that has been missing for most of the season. We have enough quality to stay up and MM is very lucky he has such a patient chairman

JD sounds pretty upbeat about our chances of staying up on BBC Essex."We'll be fine." Is he deluded? We're clearly in a dogfight of 3 teams to avoid the drop.

We'll be fine.

Barrow are dreadful. Grimsby aren't great.

4 wins and we're safe.

Am I missing something!! Seems a lot of people are slagging off Acquah, but he only played just over 10 minutes!!

After the Cambridge performance, IMO he should have started. Still don't understand why MM made 2 changes today
He shouldn't be playing 1 minute let alone 10!! We have much better players now who should be playing in front of him ! Even goodship is better then aquah and he wont be getting a game either!The only reason aquah got signed was because we had no players at the start of the season and he played in all the games in which we lost !! He shouldent be anywhere near the first team now! If hes still getting game time when ranger is ready then mm needs sacking!

This is the team mark molsley needs to start with weds! If he doesn't then he hasnt got a clue!!
Oxley
Elvis white hobson clifford
ANG mellis macca Ferguson
Ranger holmes

For me that's our strongest team ! Mellis is fit,ranger has trained for 2 months, macca is fully fit, holmes is fit.That team should have too much for forest green.

Same here....Lot of ifollow buffering and freezing today
Thanks for the feedback, sometimes I wonder whether it's my flash player, internet connection or old computer to blame. From what I remember the first-half wasn't too bad, it was the second-half when it got really annoying . I tried rebooting ifollow but to no avail. Hope it will be better for Wednesday and next Saturday

Thanks for the feedback, sometimes I wonder whether it's my flash player, internet connection or old computer to blame. From what I remember the first-half wasn't too bad, it was the second-half when it got really annoying . I tried rebooting ifollow but to no avail. Hope it will be better for Wednesday and next Saturday
let's hope so!
i had trouble before the game then mostly second half sporadic stuttering.
I work from home on my 1yr old laptop and usually Wi-Fi is fine.

Back