• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 0-1 Forest Green Rovers

Yes... mistake down the left by Kyp, they get to the goal-line, to be fair the lad gets past Clifford (I think) far too easily, squares it and their guy strokes it into the corner

Probably Dieng not Clifford ( who didn’t make it to kick off).
We got done by the ref - who failed to give a free kick when Kyps was fouls three times. Dieng got himself booked taking retribution so couldn’t go for the tackle. — well that’s what Paul Clark reckoned.

How can we give ratings when we only saw 53 of the 98 minutes?

iFollow 3/10 (still one of its better performances this season)

Post your ratings here:

From the players available, I was expecting a complete hammering, especially after the positive of actually winning a game.

My match report won't take long, we're still drawing when I lost the service. Does this look familiar anyone? Up to the time the service vanished we were competing and holding them well, can't speak for the rest of the game as even audio was denied us. Still waiting for an agent to answer by the way.

Screenshot (84).png

We are an embargo away from competing in this league. Hart and Akinola would make such a difference and I’d bank on Akinola burying that chance Rush missed.

I thought Kyp did quite well coming back into the side. White is just Mr Solid at the back and Hobson looks more assured next to him.

We are seriously lacking in the final third but don’t worry, Ron is on it.

It’s just a desperate situation isn’t it. Though there were positives. JW makes such a difference. Ok they were still allowed too much space to score but defensively I think we were more solid. That’s 1 goal conceded in 2 games. We look slightly fitter. But we’re woefully short and will be til we get reinforcements in to help. Can’t be angry at anyone....hope Clifford is ok.
Oh quick word for Kyps, think he did great stepping in tonight.

Another tough one to take. FGR offered absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

Other than the obvious miss I thought Matty Rush actually played quite well, a real nice splitting pass across to Egbri on the right. I in fact would have kept him on.

Goodship was well...Badship tonight. Harsh I know.

A positive for me was Harry Kyprianou, came back in late notice and really got stuck in, reminded me of the old Kyp. Really pleased for him.

Really not sure how to feel about Bolton away on Saturday, is what it is I suppose.

Probably Dieng not Clifford ( who didn’t make it to kick off).
We got done by the ref - who failed to give a free kick when Kyps was fouls three times. Dieng got himself booked taking retribution so couldn’t go for the tackle. — well that’s what Paul Clark reckoned.
Didn't think it was Dieng, or at least it certainly didn't look like him. Possibly Demi or JW then.

I can only go by what I saw in the first half due to f...ing ifollow crashing but thought it was a good performance. We look a far more solid side defensively. We also look far fitter - we didn't let them to play out from the back and seemed well organised.
Our issues are unfortunately up front - we can't seem to hold the ball up - it was far too easy for their centre backs. I honestly think that if we had a decent, strong centre forward we could have easily won this game. We are going in the right direction.

I think people need to wise up, we're a poor team and a poor manager, we're bottom for a reason.

To get out of this mess, we need to hit promotion form, it's not going to happen.

I really admire peoples optimism, I really do, but we've fallen to far as a club, it's unsavable.

We got done by the ref - who failed to give a free kick when Kyps was fouled three times. Dieng got himself booked taking retribution so couldn’t go for the tackle on the guy who crossed it— well that’s what Paul Clark reckoned.

Finally got an iFollow agent and got this reply:

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems you had accessing the live stream.

We are now aware of the cause of the issue and preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

For refund request you will need to email us ifollow@efl.com

Can these posts go in the ifollow thread ffs!

Another tough one to take. FGR offered absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

Other than the obvious miss I thought Matty Rush actually played quite well, a real nice splitting pass across to Egbri on the right. I in fact would have kept him on.

Goodship was well...Badship tonight. Harsh I know.

A positive for me was Harry Kyprianou, came back in late notice and really got stuck in, reminded me of the old Kyp. Really pleased for him.

Really not sure how to feel about Bolton away on Saturday, is what it is I suppose.
Second that mate, thought Rush gave just as much if not more over Goodship and Aquah. Competition for places is key this season...

We got done by the ref - who failed to give a free kick when Kyps was fouled three times. Dieng got himself booked taking retribution so couldn’t go for the tackle on the guy who crossed it— well that’s what Paul Clark reckoned.

Words rarely seen in the same sentence or on the pitch imho.

Back