• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 0-2 Barnet FC

I’m just about to watch the game via TNT catch up, just to get their take on it and see things from a TV perspective.
Wonder if they’ll lower the volume during the sweary songs?
Here goes….

I’m just about to watch the game via TNT catch up, just to get their take on it and see things from a TV perspective.
Wonder if they’ll lower the volume during the sweary songs?
Here goes….
They should leave the singing in it all adds to the roots hall atmosphere 😂😂😂

2:30 "Oh No. He's onside there, he's timed he's run brilliantly"

Wonder if that will be on the Barnet highlights.

For me it wasn't a penalty either. Clumsy by both but Kambamba before he jumps he turns his back and I would say fouls Collin

2:30 "Oh No. He's onside there, he's timed he's run brilliantly"

Wonder if that will be on the Barnet highlights.

For me it wasn't a penalty either. Clumsy by both but Kambamba before he jumps he turns his back and I would say fouls Collin
“Sour grapes in a nutshell” is my favourite comment.

Wicked deflection gave Collin no chance for the first goal. Just bad luck for us.

The offside decision was very close. It's difficult to tell from the angle shown. It certainly wasn't a blatant mistake as some suggested.

It wasn't a penalty in my opinion. Collin is clearly going for the ball not the player. I was a bit surprised that we didn't receive a free kick for that, but Pritchard didn't intend to foul the keeper either. Just a clumsy accident.

How that's a penalty ill never know. Collin went with both hands up to collect the ball, the Barnet player got there first with his head and they collided
Sandat was onside too
Ref and lino poor decisions

Last edited:
To me it was a blantant penalty. Player got to the ball first and gets taken out.
Same as it you play it past a man and get caught. We would want that penalty all day.

No real need for him to come out in the first place when he was going nowhere. A very poor decision from a keep I rate highly.

To me it was a blantant penalty. Player got to the ball first and gets taken out.
Same as it you play it past a man and get caught. We would want that penalty all day.

No real need for him to come out in the first place when he was going nowhere. A very poor decision from a keep I rate highly.
There is no doubt in my mind that in time Collin will be a very good goalkeeper. Had we not been in the dire straits we were at the start of the season, then it's very likely that Steve Arnold would still be with us and our No 1 choice. That would have given Collin every chance to learn his trade with far less pressure. Sadly, we are were we are, and he has to learn in situ and goalkeeping bollocks will be dropped from time to time.

Hmmm...
The forward is charging at Ndi, and is bound to clatter him too.
When Sandat was denied against Kiddy, he had gone beyond the keeper with the ball - and we didn't get that more blatant decision.
This was more a simultaneous collision.
Whether one agrees or not, keepers tend to be a protected species, and many watching on TV or in the Hall had no idea what the ref had awarded.
When it comes to poor decisions, and even making them clear, NL officials have the title sewn up.

No real need for him to come out in the first place when he was going nowhere. A very poor decision from a keeper I rate highly.
Hopefully he will learn from this - remember Colin is nowhere near his peak

No it wasn't. More 50/50 with their lad equally jumping into Colin.

Far to many refs think contact means they have to give free kick one way or the other. Sometimes even with an injury its drop ball.......Nothing more.

Jumps in to the man and doesn’t get the ball. If you’re both standing there trying to win a 50/50 header it’s different. The fact is, Coll ran out from an angle, failed to make contact with the ball and knocked the other man over.

Do I agree the game has gone too soft, yes. I’m an ideal world would I like these given, no. We see granular replays all the time of players going over legs of players that are literally just standing there, and subsequently win penalties. This would get given all day long whether we like it or not by todays standards.

Back