• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 1-0 Barrow FC

I thought this at the time, why were we not going potty at the ref for not giving us a penalty?
it looks like a clear cut foul, maybe outside, but still a foul- what am I missing?

I thought this at the time, why were we not going potty at the ref for not giving us a penalty?
it looks like a clear cut foul, maybe outside, but still a foul- what am I missing?

Agreed, though it looks like it was outside the box. Definitely a foul though, got to appeal that!

To be honest, the referee is a lot nearer than what we can see so maybe we actually won the ball. Would explain why none of them appealed

To be honest, the referee is a lot nearer than what we can see so maybe we actually won the ball. Would explain why none of them appealed

He definitely didn’t win the ball because he pulled oliyinka back with his arm!

Olyainka should of gone down, it was more of a rugby tackle, straight red, even if it was outside the box.

First look I thought theirs wasn’t a pen, but on the reply it looked more like it was.

I think it says much for Olayinka he tried to stay on his feet.
Refs will note that, so if same happens again, he's far more likely to get the pen.
Officials are aware of 'divers', and subconsciously take it into account.

I didn't see much of the goal on television last night, I was somewhat distracted by the lovely Michelle Owen

Back