• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 1-1 Torquay Utd

Nice double nut meg for our goal. The camera angle on the last clip doesn't show Super Steve saving a certain goal. His angles were right but that shot would have gone just inside the post without a well placed and strong left hand.

Having now seen it -Dunne was really played into trouble by Kensdale. Clarke (?) was talking about it on the radio at half time - 100% agree
While it was a tricky pass from Kensdale, Dunne still had plenty of time. His touch killed the ball dead, which begged for him to be closed down. He then decided to try and play through their player. He could have easily played it left to Gubbins or turned and gone back to Arnold.

Very average from Kensdale, but Dunne was half asleep and static, inexplicably, if he (Dunne) had been moving he would have made space for Kensdale to keep going forward or been better placed for receiving.
Dunne took goal well but that clip is the first showing I have seen of the good work by Davies in the retention and lay off.
Neale was a good crack, the lad SO wanted a goal, and deserved one too.
If the foul by Demi was on one of ours then I would want a red card, silly.

Red card was silly. A bit weird that the red cards we've received have been by the more "experienced" players in Demetriou, Ogogo and Dunne for quite silly things. I know Brunt got sent off, but that was rescinded so doesn't really count.

Red card was silly. A bit weird that the red cards we've received have been by the more "experienced" players in Demetriou, Ogogo and Dunne for quite silly things. I know Brunt got sent off, but that was rescinded so doesn't really count.
Wondering if more the experienced players, including those who have been on the end of bad injuries via tackles, maybe think the best way to avoid getting injured in 50/50s is to go in strong and committed rather than bee the one that pulls out. I dont know, but it might be a reason that explains your thoughts above. Its a good observation youve made I think.

Wondering if more the experienced players, including those who have been on the end of bad injuries via tackles, maybe think the best way to avoid getting injured in 50/50s is to go in strong and committed rather than bee the one that pulls out. I dont know, but it might be a reason that explains your thoughts above. Its a good observation youve made I think.
Sorry, all I can now think of is Dunne and Ogogo going in strong with their comments to the referee lest the ref retaliate.

Looking at the positives, that was a great little run into space from Dunne and a really nice finish. He was picked out nicely too.

Maybe, it is an interesting one.

Also worth remembering that Demetriou got sent off near the end of last season for a similar tackle at Col U.

Back