• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 1-2 Oldham Athletic

Any idea why they've put the highlights up twice on there? I was hoping for a better outcome the second time.... Their second goal had more than a hint of offside about it and it's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't moments for Oxley in all honesty.

In three of those clips we gave the ball directly to them - thankfully only the one from Demi led to a goal. The other two were by Elvis.

When (if) Macca is fit I think it's time to give Elvis a spell on the bench and put Demi back in at right back. In fact if White is fit for Saturday, I'd be tempted to do it then by put Dieng in midfield and White and Hobson at Centre back. I think that's the defensive spine we had against Gillingham and it looked OK.

He can’t defend to save his life. Id rather have Demi or White there.
The problem, to me at least, is he was our player of the season last year, but it was from very slim pickings and I think it was more that he stood out as making an effort than ability. Like the guy but, perhaps more than anyone, he feels like a confidence player with no one around him to install that in him

Did Oxley really need to come out that soon?
Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

All keepers have to decide here whether to gamble or not.

The odds say you should come out every time and force the striker.

The down side is if the striker pulls it off, the "ExPeRt gOaLkEePeRs" in the crowd blame the keeper.

I'd personally have been more annoyed if he just stood on his line and done nothing.

Besides, the defenders should have picked that player up, he hasn't just beat them for pace, he's completely ghosted them. They gave him 4 yards easily. complete lack on concentration and experience. If he's gonna beat you for pace, at least be close enough to pull the him down.

Serious ball watching by whoever was in the centre (Lennon?) for the first goal.
Egbri like a moth in headlights when he gives the ball to Demi for the winner.
If he moves left or right he creates an angle. Where he stands is begging an interception.

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

All keepers have to decide here whether to gamble or not.

The odds say you should come out every time and force the striker.

The down side is if the striker pulls it off, the "ExPeRt gOaLkEePeRs" in the crowd blame the keeper.

I'd personally have been more annoyed if he just stood on his line and done nothing.

Besides, the defenders should have picked that player up, he hasn't just beat them for pace, he's completely ghosted them. They gave him 4 yards easily. complete lack on concentration and experience. If he's gonna beat you for pace, at least be close enough to pull the him down.
totally agree with you. I think a keeper will and should come out 10\10 times in that situation. Would be crucified for not doing so and not making the striker commit to an action.
He did nothing wrong.

Back