• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 2-1 Kings Lynn

I may be in a minority but I really don’t understand why commentary would be required for highlights.

It’s not as if during a game there needs to be commentary piped through the tannoy for people to understand what is happening, so why would this be needed for highlights?

I’d much rather just hear the crowd noise than someone tell me what I can already see.
See my previous post on this thread for comments.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet or not, maybe you even saw it BUT something really strange happened at the end of Friday's game.

I sat in the south lower because someone gave me their season ticket that they couldn't use, wouldn't sit there out of choice.

There was a group of about 4 sets of parents sitting in front of me, all with two or so kids each. They didn't come across like regular visitors to be honest and they barely watched the game.

Anyway, at the end of the game, the parents were all telling their kids to go onto the pitch, nearly forcing them. Most of them said no but two of them went ahead and did, under the parents instructions.

Firstly, why the hell would any parent suggest that, I certainly wouldn't. The kids didn't even really want too.

Secondly, the ran around for ages and not a single steward even tried to get them off.

Just very strange and it seems to be a common thing these days seeing young kids running on to pitches.

That was a clear penalty if you were a Southend fan and a disgraceful decision if you were a Kings Lynn fan.
It was a disgraceful decision, if you failed to see Barrows coming through the player to get to the ball.
By definition he's bodychecked Dalby before he gets a toe on it.
Yeah, the last-minute thing would have caused ire for KL, but ti wasn't the cleanest tackle.

Back