• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 2-1 Kings Lynn

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Get it here! Well, a little bit of it anyway.

And a bit more!

Maybe we'll grt a penalty clip soon.

Last edited:
In respect of the first clip (lasting 47 seconds)....how can The Mighty Blues conceding a goal be described as a highlight?

Why is there nothing on ifollow again?

I pay to get "EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS" of all matches not just some! :Angry:

I got accused of being a hater so is it just me who thinks the Atkinson of old would have got out to his man quicker and not allowed the cross to come in, or at the very least put the crosser under some pressure?

I got accused of being a hater so is it just me who thinks the Atkinson of old would have got out to his man quicker and not allowed the cross to come in, or at the very least put the crosser under some pressure?
Yes he could have done. Then again it was a corner with no pace which means we should have been convincingly attacked on the first header. The lose ball was a real poor clearance and the crosser had to much space but a man should be detailed to shut that down, not sure if its WA.

We don't hold our line properly, so needs work. It looks like Hobson plays him on but same as Dagenham does not get in a position to defend the header..... Finally a very poor and late shout for offside by Ralph....Hold your line and shout as the player is crossing, it influences officials.

Over all a poor goal to concede but its always a team effort good or bad.

The good news for our equaliser watch Atkinson. He spotted the danger when Hobson went forward down our right so was in place for the lose ball. He then played one of his many sharp no nonsense passes to Hobson to help create the goal.......Ferguson would have never been there in the first place. Phillips or Guard may have covered and collected the lose ball but then turned inside and look for an academy safe ball, possibly losing it and stranding Hobson.

Luckily for us King Kev knows how important it is to have an Atkinson type player if you want to give confidence to your attack loaded team.

The way Hobson held off their player as he recieved the ball, that turn and run and then a great low cross that evaded the defence and keeper and then Dennis finished is pure class

Hobson often ventures upfield and never looks out of place

Last edited:
You’re correct in saying Atkinson was at fault,but wrong to suggest he was ever remotely quick.

If we really need to apportion blame, I would suggest Clifford, who completely missed his kick for an attempted clearance, was more culpable.

Is is slightly odd that we didn’t celebrate as a group with Dennis when he scored? May be just good professionalism to get going again?

Is is slightly odd that we didn’t celebrate as a group with Dennis when he scored? May be just good professionalism to get going again?
There’s far too much stupid celebration of goals.
Totally unnecessary most of it. Quick congratulations ok but while
I’m in no way condoning it, but I can understand fans now throwing (plastic) bottles

It's not the club's fault - i believe the National League does not allow clubs to post highlights of a weekend game until the Monday morning.

If that is the case, then all clubs need to make sure everyone knows that it is the National League's short sighted, old fashioned, backward, and intransigent rules that are stopping highlights/extended highlights being shown.

Maybe it is part of their agreement with BT Sport who only appear to broadcast one live National League match a week.

Why are they stopping supporters of all clubs watching and following their club, it is crazy.

Apologies for not having the link to hand, but the National League Highlights Show is on YouTube (we're on around 20 minutes in).

Back