• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 2-3 Burton Albion

Another defeat, unsurprisingly. Some encouraging moments from the youngsters again but let down in my opinion by the “experienced” players around them. Two sides lacking in quality in truth. Another crowd of 5000+, no one can question the loyalty of our fans despite our troubles. I question the need for the young keeper being brought in and played, he didn’t look any better than young Seaden Taylor who are our own who’d benefit from first team minutes.

Burton squandered many chances, but so did we. 3-2 was probably a fair score. We were punished for defensive frailty again. We looked better going forward. If only we had a big target man! Spike played well, Mantom tried hard but is so frustrating. McLaughlin put in a good shift and Charlie chased everything. Clifford and Elvis were impressive.

We still had a spare sub but Sol doesn't seem to like making them! Thought Charlie should've come off and give Goodship a go upfront if not Rush?

Clueless from Campbell not to go 2 up top at any point. Can’t keep just accepting defeats because we have to play kids. That one is on the manager. Even when we got the second he still didn’t throw another striker on. Ridiculous

As if us fans haven’t been through enough already, the battle of wills continues.

Clueless from Campbell not to go 2 up top at any point. Can’t keep just accepting defeats because we have to play kids. That one is on the manager. Even when we got the second he still didn’t throw another striker on. Ridiculous
But "it is what it is". So Sol said in his most expressive moment in the post match interview. Three times.

Whilst I will not name names I said before game that Sol has not picked the best team from the options he had available which is disappointing to say the least. Also do not think he is doing these players a favour playing them in such a struggling team.

An entertaining game which could have yielded more goals as both sides missed chances. Neither side had anything but pride at stake here - Burton in mid table with no realistic prospect of making the playoffs and us down ages ago in all honesty. Can't fault the youngsters for effort and enthusiasm, but honestly this side will struggle in L2 unless it is strengthened all round. What is of more concern is Campbell fielding an unnecessarily weakened, under strength side by freezing out Demetriou, Goodship and Hutchinson and persisting with Kelman as the lone striker among other eccentricities. Why? One of 'the greatest minds in football' or a blinkered, inflexible control freak whose own agenda is more important than the team's success?

Who's going to play up front with Charlie though? Two up front needs someone that can hold the ball up and Kelman and Rush aren't those types of players.

Who's going to play up front with Charlie though? Two up front needs someone that can hold the ball up and Kelman and Rush aren't those types of players.
The weather today meant that wasn’t a day for going long. You play Rush or Goodship and you play it in the channels or you get them in behind. You even chuck a centre half up front to be a handful. You don’t sit on it with one up front

Man management about getting the best from what you have,when Sol joined Ron and many on this site did not believe that we could be relighted.we have removed several so called problem players and seen our points deficit double now the majority believe that relegation will happen.thats not showing the progress that Ron expected when making Sol appointment.

I have had enough. No way am I renewing next season. Even when we get first teamers back he does not play them. I would not be surprised that when we eventually are allowed to play the two Macc players Campbell will leave them out the squad.

That team would finish bottom of League two in my opinion. Sol wonders why we are slow out of the blocks when he has ao many defenders on the pitch.

Well can it get anymore depressing ! The atmosphere at the start was exactly what you expect for the relegation special.Anyone who took the marketing departments offer of 3 games for £50 this week must be really impressed with value for money.
As for the game Burton could have easily have scored 4 more which tells you all you need to know about the display. Why even pretend to sign 2 players when they can't even play .Effort doesn't make up for quality and the majority of the current squad will struggle in league 2.
I could go on about 1 up front ,not needed goalkeepers and individuals....but frankly what is the point with what Ron has allowed to happen.

Back