• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Murkey_Mouse

FKA Sudbury_Shrimpers
Ted Smith will start at Canvey with mixed first team, reserve & some trailist. I will be at Park Lane as its only 8 minutes drive from my place in Benfleet, who is going?

Big chance for Williams tonight, even if only a pre-season friendly.

Given that no trialists are starting tonight, or against West Ham, doesn't seem Brown is holding out too much hope for them.

I wonder if we intend going with a smaller squad this season whilst maximising the loan system and supporting that from the U21 squad?

As long as we can get a couple of decent forwards in, either full time or on loan, then I am pretty certain that the core of last seasons squad is good enough for a top half finish.

Looks like Brown persisting with one up front at most:'(
He doesn't have much choice! No chance of playing 2 up front and them both playing 90 minutes at this stage of pre-season.

3-0, Williams again. Maybe mrsblue was right all along...

It will be interesting hearing people's views who were at the game afterwards on his performance.

Half time 3-0, seems a decent effort so far

It will be interesting hearing people's views who were at the game afterwards on his performance.
Indeed, though nothing wrong with him being anonymous if he pops up with the odd goal. Does seem to have much more of an impact against lower level opposition, though he's yet to really get a chance against better quality sides, perhaps a half or so against Dagenham would be a real test for him.

Not sure scoring a couple of goals means Williams is now the pacy player we were promised.

Not fussed how mobile he is if he scores goals.
Can't complain about Barry Corr's return for us and he was far from mobile or pacey!

Indeed, though nothing wrong with him being anonymous if he pops up with the odd goal. Does seem to have much more of an impact against lower level opposition, though he's yet to really get a chance against better quality sides, perhaps a half or so against Dagenham would be a real test for him.

Can't complain about Barry Corr's return for us and he was far from mobile or pacey!

Indeed, pace is always nice to have but its never been the be all and end all.

We always knew Williams could cut it at non-league level. The question is if he can cut it in the league. This game doesn't do much to answer that.

You know who he reminds me of and I think he will end up down the same path.... Charles Ademeno.

Back