• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v AFC Wimbledon 12th Oct 19 15:00

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go back to what worked last Season well it short spurts.
Go back to three centre halfs and two wing backs.
Put Hyam and Mantom, Dieng back in, with Nducwu in if he is not banned.
He showed he was up for it on Saturday, more than some others.
Humphreys who I think is our best individual player but not a team player on bench to then unleash him on the Wombles, hopefully he will have the Hump about being on the bench

Oxley
Elvis Kiernan Lennon Shaunessey Macca
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Cox
Nducwu

Bench Bishop. Ralph, Demi, Hamilton, Goodship (if Fit) Clifford. Hutchinson.

This may be nit picking a little but.....

I think you mean Acquah not Ndukwu who didnt get on Saturday at all!!

How can you unleash Humphrys from the bench when you’ve not named him on the bench?

Also I think you’d find Humps did have the Hump but I doubt very much if that would inspire him to prove anyone wrong.....didn’t Bond try that?

Humphreys who I think is our best individual player but not a team player on bench to then unleash him on the Wombles, hopefully he will have the Hump about being on the bench

Oxley
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Cox
Nducwu

That lineup is dire! no Humphrys either, god help us

That lineup is dire! no Humphrys either, god help us

My mistake Hump should have been on the bench, and yes I did mean Acquah.
I don't think that line up is dire, bring a bit of experience back to midfield, at least those three in Milligan's absence have shown what they can do. Its a vital game experience in Midfield matters.

Oxley
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Cox
Nducwu

Mantom, Hyam and Dieng? Awful

Can we recall Michael Klass? surely he'd be a better option than the trash that has been on display lately

Hyam is your best option with Milligan out.
Luke does not help himself with the hairband and shorts rolled up, but there is a good player there and he has proved it in the past. Better than anything in the kids.

Can we recall Michael Klass? surely he'd be a better option than the trash that has been on display lately

I’ve said this before but, we could sign Xavi Iniesta and Messi and unless we change how we play it would be useless!!

You could put those three in midfield but unless the GK and back 4 stop smashing the ball upfield into corners and channels it would be a waste of time. We do have players that can play. Klass is a good footballer, as is Hutchinson, as is Hamilton, as is Milligan....but no one wanted good footballers when Bond was trying to change the direction of travel....you all wanted a more direct way of playing.....which is odd because under Powell you all wanted a more refined style of play ?‍♂️?‍♂️

The problem is we are no better equipped to smash it long than some felt we were trying to pass through the thirds.....I just feel the only way of improving is to do things better not stop doing things....we have more players equipped to pass it and keep it than we do to smash it scrap and battle....Obviously these attributes are needed regardless of style but we simply don’t have the players to keep booting it long and expect to win games.

Wonder how long we can keep "There's a good player in there somewhere" up for. They're all either **** or not trying hard enough. Either of those is enough to be dropped. They all need a kick up the arse.

I think with a consistent theme being our midfield being overrun (plus no Milligan) and with our lack of a strong 2nd wideman I think we should start 352 for this one.

Oxley
Shaughnessy Kiernan Lennon
Elvis Hamilton Hyam Dieng Macca
Cox Humphrys

It’s disappointing to put those three names in midfield but don’t think we really have other options other than bringing Kiernan out from defence.

That'll do for me. This is a must win if ever there was one and I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't IF we're organised, committed and willing to compete for the 50-50's. Humphrys could well have a field day against what is, going by their record, a very weak defence.
The recovery starts here. COYBB!

That'll do for me. This is a must win if ever there was one and I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't IF we're organised, committed and willing to compete for the 50-50's. Humphrys could well have a field day against what is, going by their record, a very weak defence.
The recovery starts here. COYBB!

I’ve said it before but I’d forgotten just what a good player you become when you’re NOT in the side at this club.....

Hopefully we’ll have a new manager in charge which fingers crossed will give us a lift. Wimbledon picked up their first win of the season and won’t be an easy game that’s for sure, lose this and we’ll be 5 points or more from safety already.
As things stand (including goal difference), we're already six points from safety already. Even with the points ahead of us to be won, with quarter of the games gone, this is getting into 'must win' territory already.

My Stats tell me that Mark Oxley had 18 unopposed opportunities to dispatch the ball Saturday and we only retained possession from 4 of them, all of which were thrown out to full backs.

Of the remaining 14 occasions he kicked the ball aimlessly upfield, we lost the initial first contact 12 times with the 2 occasions we won the first contact the ball went to the opposition anyway.

Of his 14 punts upfield 11 of them went central or to the left side of the pitch with only 2 of them aimed at the right hand side. The outstanding effort dropped short of the halfway line as a mis kick.

Forget the stats, my common sense tells me we don’t need a midfield, we should play 6 forwards.

After enduring our three games in the last nine days, I have a better suggestion. Assign the 22 players listed above, numbers 1 to 22. Stick 22 numbered balls in a bag and draw out eleven (for the team), and seven more for the subs.
Make the remaining four, manager and assistant manager for the day, physio and match day announcer.
If we have more than 22 fit on the day, then any surplus numbers can join the Bluebells.
I guarantee the outcome will be no worse than recent games.

Back