• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v AFC Wimbledon 12th Oct 19 15:00

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On Saturday we are delighted to be welcoming, as our SUEPA guests, Dave Barnett & Ken Reynolds, part of the same 70/1 squad and who to this day still see each other at least a couple of times a week for golf (together with fellow SUEPA member Peter Hunt). A friendship forged in a Blue shirt and still going strong nearly 50 years later.
70-71 (2).jpg

LEWIS Hobday attempts to temporarily forget Blues' current league position and instead focuses on some positives.

More...

No Milligan or Mantom, Kiernan has to be captain.

GARY Waddock is expecting to remain as Southend United’s caretaker manager for tomorrow’s crunch clash with AFC Wimbledon at Roots Hall.

More...

SOUTHEND United’s caretaker manager Gary Waddock is bracing himself for another tough test tomorrow - despite AFC Wimbledon’s lowly League placing.

More...

On Saturday we are delighted to be welcoming, as our SUEPA guests, Dave Barnett & Ken Reynolds, part of the same 70/1 squad and who to this day still see each other at least a couple of times a week for golf (together with fellow SUEPA member Peter Hunt). A friendship forged in a Blue shirt and still going strong nearly 50 years later.
View attachment 9330
Dave and I were school pals in Basildon.
I envied him his skill and talent. That said, Woodlands had an Olympic diver and an Olympic 5,000m runner in and around the same year. It was a pretty good school for sports! Say hi for me, please?

View attachment 9330

Strange thing is I must have seen pretty much every single one of Dave Barnett's 60 odd matches but I haven't the slightest recollection of Ken Reynolds.

Strange thing is I must have seen pretty much every single one of Dave Barnett's 60 odd matches but I haven't the slightest recollection of Ken Reynolds.

Neither have I, probably because he never started a game in the 1st team. Spoke with Leigh Ozzie ( a member on here ) couple of days ago, who said Ken went to Dover from here & his only appearance at Roots Hall, was for Dover in that Saturday evening FA Cup 3rd Rd game in Jan 76.
For the record we beat them 4-1.

Neither have I, probably because he never started a game in the 1st team. Spoke with Leigh Ozzie ( a member on here ) couple of days ago, who said Ken went to Dover from here & his only appearance at Roots Hall, was for Dover in that Saturday evening FA Cup 3rd Rd game in Jan 76.
For the record we beat them 4-1.
For the record it was a 2nd round match. Brighton (h) 3rd round.

1080x360

Next up the Wombles. Points are now desperately needed, as is a new manager. Hopefully by 17:00 hrs Saturday we may have both.

Normal stuff, team selections, formations, result predictions and other things that tend to drift into the pre-match thread!! Get it all here. COYB
I tried to pick a team but gave up when i got to the midfield,Will Milligan play after his match in Australia midweek then the long trip back to UK. How fit is Ridgewell .lot of question marks.

I've been expecting the new manager to be announced before the game tomorrow, now i'm expecting Ron to do a Rod Stewart sing along while ****ed

Oxley, Elvis,Lennon,Shaughnessy,Demi.
Kiernan,Mantom.
McLaughlin, Hutchinson
Humphreys , Cox.

Missed opportunity IMO....announce a new manager & investment team, would add a lot to the attendance.
...and maybe they come bearing onions...………...:Hilarious:

I’ve gone for: Oxley...Elvis; Kiernan; Lennon; Ralph...Demi; Hyam; Hamilton; McL...Goodship; Humphrys.

Even typing out that defence and midfield, any confidence they’d perform as a unit(s) to even an acceptable standard was drained away immediately. BUT, I do think they all can provide the goods: I’ve being praying to the Law of Averages all week, to prove me right today....

In regard the result, I think this depends if the new manager is in the stands, it at least already onboard and known to the players (but not yet announced due to RM masterful subterfuge): if this is the case then I think the players will put in a shift for the new man and we will win, otherwise we lose. I’ve gone for the former.

COYBB!!

I tried to pick a team but gave up when i got to the midfield,Will Milligan play after his match in Australia midweek then the long trip back to UK. How fit is Ridgewell .lot of question marks.
That's the fantastic thing about choice @stewart, just because something is there, it doesn't mean you've got to pick it up.:Winking:

It's Junior Blues day today, unfortunately no half time pitch walk as the rain has made it far too wet to risk.

There will be a few things going on and I believe some sweets may be being handed out before kick off and I've asked for some of the players to be available for autographs.

Don't think it will make much difference what team we pick, just want 11 players that will show some commitment. Think it will be hard to find 11 players at present that are motivated enough. Need new manager in ASAP, the clock is ticking !

Back