• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v AFC Wimbledon 12th Oct 19 15:00

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
1080x360

Next up the Wombles. Points are now desperately needed, as is a new manager. Hopefully by 17:00 hrs Saturday we may have both.

Normal stuff, team selections, formations, result predictions and other things that tend to drift into the pre-match thread!! Get it all here. COYB

Just as a point of note...Nathan Ralph was only a 1 match ban for two yellows so will be available

For some strange reason (strange as in God knows why!) I've booked my flights and hotel for this one. Hopefully it will be the first for our new manager, whomever that may be. Looking forward to it but haven't a clue what team we may put out on the pitch.

Believe it or not this is my first game of the season so expecting a new manager in place, three points for us and the three ex southend players to have a mare, bring it on, I’m going 2-0 to the blues:Clap:

We will get spanked. Marcus Forss for the Wombles is an inspired capture and one I wanted for us. The Wombles are set to go on a good run and we are going to be left in their wake.

Hopefully we’ll have a new manager in charge which fingers crossed will give us a lift. Wimbledon picked up their first win of the season and won’t be an easy game that’s for sure, lose this and we’ll be 5 points or more from safety already.

Or, was it theirs - thinking Milligan, Kyp, Demi and don't we have a N.Ireland player...or, have I been on the Sunday afternoon pop too early ???

Pig, Pinnock and Wordsworth playing for Wimbledon no doubt one or all will score against us.

I usually look forward to the next game as an opportunity to right wrongs, to buck the trend and to turn the corner... but I have lost hope and now view the next game with dred. I see it as another nail in our L1 coffin. As another embarrassment.

I think with a consistent theme being our midfield being overrun (plus no Milligan) and with our lack of a strong 2nd wideman I think we should start 352 for this one.

Oxley
Shaughnessy Kiernan Lennon
Elvis Hamilton Hyam Dieng Macca
Cox Humphrys

It’s disappointing to put those three names in midfield but don’t think we really have other options other than bringing Kiernan out from defence.

I think with a consistent theme being our midfield being overrun (plus no Milligan) and with our lack of a strong 2nd wideman I think we should start 352 for this one.

Oxley
Shaughnessy Kiernan Lennon
Elvis Mantom Hyam Dieng Macca
Cox Humphrys

It’s disappointing to put those three names in midfield but don’t think we really have other options other than bringing Kiernan out from defence.

Oh the three that got the run around from BHAs 17 year olds?

Go back to what worked last Season well it short spurts.
Go back to three centre halfs and two wing backs.
Put Hyam and Mantom, Dieng back in, with Nducwu in if he is not banned.
He showed he was up for it on Saturday, more than some others.
Humphreys who I think is our best individual player but not a team player on bench to then unleash him on the Wombles, hopefully he will have the Hump about being on the bench

Oxley
Elvis Kiernan Lennon Shaunessey Macca
Mantom Hyam Dieng
Cox
Nducwu

Bench Bishop. Ralph, Demi, Hamilton, Goodship (if Fit) Clifford. Hutchinson.

Back