• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
So without further ado.....

CzA4pdGXUAEqBbu.png

So Kypro & bedford never made the bench after all.

Defo, looks like Phil is taking this seriously.

Adam Barrett writes : I can't even get a game in the Chickenshack Trophy! :sad:

I wondered how many posts it would be, before someone mentioned Adam's absence.

I had it down to the first 8 posts, you exceeded my expectations Andy!

And the Crowds are building for this crucial match inside Roots Hall......:smile:

CzA1S6DXgAEDEL-.jpg

I wondered how many posts it would be, before someone mentioned Adam's absence.

I had it down to the first 8 posts, you exceeded my expectations Andy!

One always has to be ahead of the game 'Matti'! :cool:

Anyway, never mind all that, I've just had a peek at the Oxford United team and it's pretty strong, too.

8 of the 11 who finished the last league game at Scunthorpe (7 of whom started it).

Interestingly, they've terminated the season long loan deal with Dan Crowley of Arsenal. Michael Appleton pulling no punches with the line "The one thing we are, and will always be, is very professional. Nothing and nobody will ever get in the way of what we're trying to do from a team culture and ethos point of view."

Barnsley did exactly the same thing last season with him!

Yeah, I read that too, it seems Crowley makes Ranger look like a Choir Boy!. he did score a couple of goals for them though, so hopefully another bonus.

I'm sticking with 1,200 - 1,500....150 Ox's

Probably more reastically with 1,199 - 1,499....149 Ox's

Remember we have our very own "David Icke" on the Picket line tonight, so that's going to have a real impact!! :smile::hilarious:

Yeah, I read that too, it seems Crowley makes Ranger look like a Choir Boy!. he did score a couple of goals for them though, so hopefully another bonus.

He was a class act at our place last season for Barnsley, but you're right. He sounds like he comes with a bit of baggage, to say the least!

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed some of the fringe players haven't been given a runout tonight.

How is PB gonna properly assess whether people like Harry Kyprianou and Jack Bridge are ready for the first team without giving them the odd chance in a meaningless competition such as this.

The JPT has always attracted low crowds before at least the area semi final stage and with the farcical introduction of youth teams into it this year it's got even worse.

They are also missing Wes Thomas, who is their 3rd top goals scorer. as well as their key midfielder Sercombe, that has bagged 3 goals this season.

Fingers crossed.

All being said, I've probably just cursed it!

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed some of the fringe players haven't been given a runout tonight.

How is PB gonna properly assess whether people like Harry Kyprianou and Jack Bridge are ready for the first team without giving them the odd chance in a meaningless competition such as this.

The JPT has always attracted low crowds before at least the area semi final stage and with the farcical introduction of youth teams into it this year it's got even worse.

I agree to an extent.

On one hand, we have got to the knockout stages of our last cup competition (so no point in playing an untried and untested team), yet on the other hand, I would have liked to see a few more of the fringe players sitting on the bench to be giving a run out if we were winning 2-0 for example with 15 minutes to go.

There's something to be said for momentum and keeping the same side helps with that.

But other that what I said above I also think players like Ranger could probably do without the risk of injury tonight.

Anyway here's to a good performance and a win for some confidence going into Saturday.

Back