• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v Portsmouth FC EFL Trophy group game. 6th Oct 2020

Pick your team and result folks

• Total voters
I’d go with the players that haven’t had many minutes, it’ll be hard to get out of the group even if we win, let’s keep our starting 11 from Saturday fresh eh, play the fringe players:Clap:

no pre match thread?
I'll go with
Oxley
Howard Hobson Kyp Clifford
Egbri Dieng Taylor Ralph
Goodship Aquah

as close as possible to the team from Saturday, given that Elvis is away, Lennon needs an op and JD probably shouldn't be risked.
Starting a pre-match thread is open to any Zoner, go on, give it a go.

Needs to rest Demi for saturday, also Elvis is away, give as many of the players who havent had much game time a start as the rules allow. couldnt pick a side ,but thats what i think MM will do,not too bothered if we lose ,its Saturday thats important at present and game time for the ones pushing for a place in the side

Just a reminder of the rules....

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 09.05.45.png

4 out of 10 of the outfield players who started on Saturday.....

I would suggest:

Egrbri, Hobson, Ralph and Goodship.

I wouldn't risk those returning from recent knocks (Clifford, Lennon, Acquah, Demi),
Taylor is too important in central mid and we have other options (Phillips, Gard),
and Elvis is away so not an option.

We could however get away with only 3 if whoever is replacing Elvis on Saturday also starts tonight and if Nathaniel-George is going to start next Saturday, we could even lose another one from last Saturday too.

On that basis I would go for:

Seaden

Mitchell-Nelson Hobson Kyprianou Taylor

Egbri Phillips Gard Nathaniel-George

Goodship Rush​

Seaden

Mitchell-Nelson Hobson Kyprianou Taylor

Egbri Phillips Gard Nathaniel-George

Goodship Rush

Southend 0-3 Portsmouth

That's my prediction​

We are going to lose whatever team we field, so would not risk any players carrying or coming back from injury. If it’s 4 from Saturday then Egbri, Goodship, Hobson and R Taylor.

The rest are surely going to be yoofs or fringe players? Maybe consider Rush and Kelman up top even? Both need game time and nether are injured as far as I know.

-------------------------SEADON---------------------------
HOWARD--------HOBSON------KYPRIANOU------TAYLOR
KINALI-------DIENG-----GARD-----NATHANIEL-GEORGE
-------------------KELMAN----RUSH---------------------

I really feel for Charlie Kelman - he would have probably played a few minutes in the premier last season when Spurs had no forwards if we had accepted their 6 figure offer. Then we turned down at least 2 more championship clubs. Of course he will be fed up , forced to be stuck here in a poor bottom division team. I cant understand , when our club is so skint , how Ron could keep turning down the money for him ? So - now Charlie is still here until January we need to get his head right , make him feel an important part of the team + get him happy. So play him tonight , let him take penalties , free kicks , whatever he wants... just get him firing again. Otherwise keeping him unhappy on the sidelines was just plain stupid . In 3 weeks we need to find 500k , turning down a good portion of that appears to me a crazy decision.

I really feel for Charlie Kelman - he would have probably played a few minutes in the premier last season when Spurs had no forwards if we had accepted their 6 figure offer. Then we turned down at least 2 more championship clubs. Of course he will be fed up , forced to be stuck here in a poor bottom division team. I cant understand , when our club is so skint , how Ron could keep turning down the money for him ? So - now Charlie is still here until January we need to get his head right , make him feel an important part of the team + get him happy. So play him tonight , let him take penalties , free kicks , whatever he wants... just get him firing again. Otherwise keeping him unhappy on the sidelines was just plain stupid . In 3 weeks we need to find 500k , turning down a good portion of that appears to me a crazy decision.
How do you know he’s here until January? The transfer window isn’t finished for the EFL.

Don't worry yourself Charlie, we can sell you. Window remainds open unless Real or Barca wanted you from abroad.

Back