• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v Portsmouth FC EFL Trophy group game. 6th Oct 2020

Pick your team and result folks

• Total voters
Seems like he’s as good as gone now. He’s going to leave under a massive cloud at this rate which is a huge shame.

The complete opposite to Humphreys who still tried when he was with us and was a professional the whole time and I will always respect him.

Kelman has acted his age unfortunately.

How has Kelman acted?

Or is everyone just jumping to conclusions based on poor form?

I don't think it is just about poor form, he has had his head turned for sure by the bids for him and it seems he does not want to be here anymore.

They’ve been showing the team sheet in formation order this year. I make that Kyps in the Ralph role.

How has Kelman acted?

Or is everyone just jumping to conclusions based on poor form?

Personally nothing against him at all and I like the guy. But we’ve not accepted the bid and he’s being left out which suggests something isn’t right. I think a lot of supporters opinions of him will change after that and they’ll make up their own minds despite whatever the truth may be.

Imagine someone offering to triple (minimum) your wages at 18. MM said he hasn’t trained, so must be more to it.

The complete opposite to Humphreys who still tried when he was with us and was a professional the whole time and I will always respect him.

Kelman has acted his age unfortunately.

This is a huge assumption being made with no evidence I can see to back it up. Kelman may well be being held out on the request of the club who is paying off our tax bill and winding up order. We saw a similar delay with Isaac Hutchinson's transfer - I'm not sure if it is just covid protocols delaying things with medicals?

Some might consider that a rather generous assessment on Humprhys' final few weeks at the club as well.

Personally nothing against him at all and I like the guy. But we’ve not accepted the bid and he’s being left out which suggests something isn’t right. I think a lot of supporters opinions of him will change after that and they’ll make up their own minds despite whatever the truth may be.

As mentioned above, Hutchinson didn't play for us so that he could play for Derby u23's immediately. I'm sure it was something to do with Covid regulations.

What's to say Kelman isn't playing for the same reason and has nothing to do with his attitude or application.

Whoever plays I've just invested a tenner to watch the game, glutton for punishment me:Dim:

As mentioned above, Hutchinson didn't play for us so that he could play for Derby u23's immediately. I'm sure it was something to do with Covid regulations.

What's to say Kelman isn't playing for the same reason and has nothing to do with his attitude or application.

I agree mate, I’m on your side here. Just saying that a lot of other fans will make their minds up whatever the truth may be. Ron guaranteed the tax bill will be paid and who’s to say he wasn’t intending to do that with the Kelman money? An injury to him at this point would potentially cripple us.

I agree mate, I’m on your side here. Just saying that a lot of other fans will make their minds up whatever the truth may be. Ron guaranteed the tax bill will be paid and who’s to say he wasn’t intending to do that with the Kelman money? An injury to him at this point would potentially cripple us.

Ah fair enough, it would be a huge shame for people to draw conclusions like that about a player that as far as I am aware has always trained the longest and worked the hardest.

Certainly more so than other senior players we have had over the past couple of seasons!

Ah fair enough, it would be a huge shame for people to draw conclusions like that about a player that as far as I am aware has always trained the longest and worked the hardest.

Certainly more so than other senior players we have had over the past couple of seasons!
This. Charlie has a lot of credit with me personally and he’ll go certainly with my best wishes. I don’t get all the criticism.

This. Charlie has a lot of credit with me personally and he’ll go certainly with my best wishes. I don’t get all the criticism.

So you are happy about a player that is being paid to play for this football club essentially not giving their all and refusing to play?

So you are happy about a player that is being paid to play for this football club essentially not giving their all and refusing to play?
That’s a big assumption and not quite fair. I’m happy about the effort Charlie has put in since he made the first team squad. I can tell you, it’s a hell of a lot more effort than many players who got paid a LOT more, so called senior professionals, put in the last two seasons. Which is what I meant by credit.

Wow that’s a massive statement to make with absolutely no evidence!!

Refusing to play???? Where on earth have you got that from?

It’s absolutely possible that Charlie’s perceived poor form is nothing other than an 18 year old finding it hard to live up to a ridiculously high and over inflated expectation on his shoulders. It to mention playing for a side that’s struggled to really get a foot hold in any of the games he’s played in.

In a parallel universe his shot v Gillingham on 90th min went in and the header just after half time v Harrogate did too and we are sitting in tne next round of the Carabao cup and halfway up the league and he is top scorer ???

To suggest he’s refused to play with no evidence whatsoever is unfair

Back