• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Burton Albion 22 April 2019 1pm ko

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Monday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will be none the wiser after the game as I can see all the bottom 7 all not wining again
a draw I think is a draw is the best we can hope for, are all the games tomorrow 1 oclock kick offs
  • Portsmouth 12:30 Coventry City
  • Southend United 13:00 Burton Albion
  • Blackpool 15:00 Fleetwood Town
  • Bradford City 15:00 Gillingham
  • Bristol Rovers 15:00 Rochdale
  • Charlton Athletic15:00 Scunthorpe United
  • Peterborough United 15:00 Sunderland
  • Plymouth Argyle15:00 Barnsley
  • Shrewsbury Town15:00 Oxford United
  • Wycombe Wanderers15:00 Walsall

I think 6 points will keep us up. Tomorrow is a must win.

I really hope the team give everything and don't just surrender their league 1 status.

On the balance of the season we probably don't deserve to stay up but win tomorrow and id fancy us up at Rochdale.

Be nice to be safe last game of the season against a side that will more than likely take the points.

Oxley
Bwomono Kiernan Turner Moore Hart
Yearwood Hyam Mantom
Bunn Cox

I know people will have a meltdown because 5 at the back at home is apparently the end of the world but considering the players we have available and the fact that all of our wingers are ****, it’s the best option available to us. And if utilised correctly, like it was against Walsall, it isn’t an overly defensive formation and can actually be quite attacking.

ive heard some people are getting offered up to 150 for there Sunderland ticket
Well it is tempting

ive heard some people are getting offered up to 150 for there Sunderland ticket
Well it is tempting

By who?

Looking at the ticket stats thing the ground is not even remotely full. I think they have been allocated 2400 odd.

If we are going down by then I'd offer them y block and half x and get in a few extra stewards and police. Obviously if we can still stay up it's a no no.

Money is money at the end of the day.

Forgetting the results, its the inconsistency of putting 2 or 3 better performances together. So im going for a lose 1-2 . I hope im wrong and will eat humble pie gladly if we can win by whatever means.

Point 5: We need athleticism, which means Dru is a shoe-in. I'd also be tempted to play Klass as he has decent composure but he has disappeared from the radar for whatever reason.
Isn't Klass injured?

I am away, it being Easter, so cannot make it.
But my prediction is that we will play well and be 3-0 up at 90 minutes the ref will add on 4 minutes then send off 2 of our players award them 2 penalties which they will score. In the 97th minute with the crowd screaming for the final whistle a dog will run on the pitch and the ref will abandon the match.
Why should our luck change now?

Same again I reckon.

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Moore, Turner, Hart
Yearwood, Kiernan, Mantom
Cox, Bunn

I’d do the same again in terms of managing Dru and Hyam’s minutes by subbing if necessary.

I reckon we've got a decent chance for 3 points today, if we play like we did against Walsall with just a bit more composure in the final 3rd (and a ref who isn't a penis) then we might, just might win this

Are we anticipating much support coming down from Burton..?

They're safe and a nightmare Bank Holiday traffic situation awaits them, so maybe not many ...

Back