• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend Utd vs Crawley Town FA Cup (1st Round)

Please remind me of worse forwards we've had than Theo.
I've been giving it a go for the last few minutes, but in terms of cause and effect am having a problem to come up with lesser mortals over the last 55 years.

Richard Young
Mario Walsh
Matt Harrold
Billy Painter
Jason Williams
Scott Spencer
Drewe Broughton
Barrington Belgrave
Roy McDonough
Scott (?) Paterson

That's ten and it took less than 30 seconds to think and type them.....

Works hard but never a League One forward. I'm convinced there are members of the crowd that would score / assist more goals per season if given the same minutes, let alone some of the youngsters. Forget Mcclousky too but let's get Wabo, Ba or even very young Kelman some game tim, they can't be any worse.

Richard Young
Mario Walsh
Matt Harrold
Billy Painter
Jason Williams
Scott Spencer
Drewe Broughton
Barrington Belgrave
Roy McDonough
Scott (?) Paterson

What on earth is Roy Mcdonough doing on that list? Not to mention Matt Harrold and Billy Painter? Wouldn't argue about the others.

Richard Young
Mario Walsh
Matt Harrold
Billy Painter
Jason Williams
Scott Spencer
Drewe Broughton
Barrington Belgrave
Roy McDonough
Scott (?) Paterson

I'm obliged, but without checking McDonough's inclusion seems pushed.

Last 25 mins with one up top against an average L2 side.
Powell hugely to blame today.
I don’t advocate shouting the whole time from a Manager in the touch line , but I’m afraid he disappeared today when he needed to galvanise

What on earth is Roy Mcdonough doing on that list? Not to mention Matt Harrold and Billy Painter?

Why do think? Did you ever see them play?

Roy was dreadful. Awful player. I think he went a year without scoring. Spent most of his time offside. If hadn't been a bit of cult hero, no one would ever argue it.

Billy Painter and Matt Harrold, probably had the worst periods of their careers here (Harrold will tell you that if you ask him).

And all three are worse that Theo Robinson, which was the initial question. If I hadn't missed a large chunk in the late 90s and early 00s I'd have probably thought of some more.

Why do think? Did you ever see them play?

Roy was dreadful. Awful player. I think he went a year without scoring. Spent most of his time offside. If hadn't been a bit of cult hero, no one would ever argue it.

Billy Painter and Matt Harrold, probably had the worst periods of their careers here (Harrold will tell you that if you ask him).

And all three are worse that Theo Robinson, which was the initial question. If I hadn't missed a large chunk in the late 90s and early 00s I'd have probably thought of some more.

Do me a favour.

Roy Mac.was a very skillful player who'd obviously played higher (with Brum IIRC).Granted he was a tad slow but that's why he was with us in the first place.

As I mentioned to MK both BP and MH proved themselves at other clubs.

7/10 isn't a bad score though.We're all hurting tonight.Go out for a few pints.Things will look better in the morning.

Robinson has scored more goals in the Championship than Harrold has in League 1, with Harrold playing more minutes.

They're very different sorts of players. of course.I'm afraid I've lost all confidence in Theo's ability to get any/many more goals with us.Doubt if we'll be able to unload him on that new contract either.

Back