• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Fleetwood Town 14th September 2019 3pm

What's your starting XI for Saturday and result prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
In the midst of departing managers and all the second guessing of who the new man will be, it would be easy to forget that we are back in FL1 action next Saturday against Fleetwood Town. Normal stuff here, starting X1, formation guessing result predictions and all the rest.Get it here.

false

Strongest XI, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 please. Clean slate for everyone.

Oxley
Demetriou
Ralph
Kiernan
Lennon
Milligan
Hamilton
Hutchinson
Ndukwu
Humphrys
Goodship

Is Hopper back in training yet? IIRC he was due to be recovered around now-ish

What ever the result hope the players do what their payed for make an effort, Sadly something lacking recently. Browns
gone, SCP has gone , KB has gone, what will be the next reason us the supporters have to watch crap, shame we’ve got a reasonable squad. Personal view a hard working display will increase a slight bitterness towards senior players. Hope I’m bitter Saturday . As in a previous post in Joey Barton’s autobiography ( great read) he rated KB very highly as a coach

I went 4-4-2 ,i purposely omitted Milligan as he plays worlf cup match on wednesday in Kuwait dor Australia also Hutchindon as he got sent off last match and im not sure if he is suspended or not.Thought i would kive the lad from Leicester another chance to impress.
Oxley.Elvis.shaughnessy.Lennon,Ralph.endookoo,Hyam,Kiernan,McLaughlin,Humphreys,Cox.
Subs. Bishop,Demi,Goodship,Mantom,Kelman,Ridgewell,Blackman.

Hutchinson isn’t suspended. The Leasings.com trophy is a stand alone and suspensions are for that trophy only

Attachments

• 3AC6C7AD-0E12-4D18-B91A-C2AAFD4F7C7D.jpeg
    3AC6C7AD-0E12-4D18-B91A-C2AAFD4F7C7D.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 28
Actually the report of Milligan being sent home by the Socceroos due to a minor leg injury made me think again about my selection. He’s clearly described as a defender, as we’ve been hearing anyway, so we should play him there IMO. A centre back pairing of Milligan and Kiernan doesn’t sound too shabby. Particularly if they are properly motivated.

It does leave central midfield back in the balance - perhaps a Hyam / Hamilton pairing?

Strongest XI, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 please. Clean slate for everyone.

Oxley
Demetriou
Ralph
Kiernan
Lennon
Milligan
Hamilton
Hutchinson
Ndukwu
Humphrys
Goodship

Is Hopper back in training yet? IIRC he was due to be recovered around now-ish

Surely our strongest XI would include our player of the season so far - Elvis Bwomono?

Hutchinson isn’t suspended. The Leasings.com trophy is a stand alone and suspensions are for that trophy only
Thank you i was unaware ,but i do believe Milligan plays as a defensive midfielder for Australia not a CB.

Surely our strongest XI would include our player of the season so far - Elvis Bwomono?

Its a fair point, I do agree that Elvis has been excellent. He's developing into a player of real quality. On that basis, it would be extremely hard to overlook him. Having said that, we really REALLY need a win and with a new manager coming in they may feel Dimi's experience gets the nod. I do think we've missed him. There's a strong argument (possibly a conclusive one) for Elvis to be selected though, I do agree.

I don't like the sound of this...

Ron Martin should have been peeling the GW initials off of a SUFC tracksuit over the weekend.

Let's keep hold of the ST one for now...

I see from the Tickets stats page we have sold just over 4600.
Early days yet, I know, but adding Fleetwood's 50 odd. It could be a home crowd of under 5000.

I see from the Tickets stats page we have sold just over 4600.
Early days yet, I know, but adding Fleetwood's 50 odd. It could be a home crowd of under 5000.
Around 5,600 on the day I think if things stay as they are with no manager coming in, now if Barrett was in for this game or his first game then this would well boost the numbers:Thumbs up:

For what it is worth, I would go for the following :

Oxley
Elvis Milligan Kiernan Lennon Ralph
Demetriou Mantom Hamilton
Humphrys Goodship

Subs Bishop, Shaughnessy, Blackman, Nduwku, Cox, Hyam, Hutchinson

Elvis has to play, very harsh to have left him out of the last game. Demi in midfield is an upgrade on several in that area.
Cox has been disappointing so far this season.

It’s like a cage fight coxy has 25 to flog
I would politely suggest that this bunch of under performers have a whip round and pay for our tickets by way of an apology. Mostly Bonds fault but they’ve also been throwing the towel in early on occasions.

I'll be there on Saturday, appreciate any top tips on the A13 roadworks ..closed again?? ….Rochdale game, travel -wise was poo.

My son is trying to tempt me to go to Shrewsbury next week...:Unsure:

Back