• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Fleetwood Town 14th September 2019 3pm

What's your starting XI for Saturday and result prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm guessing Messrs' Waddock & Todorov's coaching careers could either sink or swim on Sat...
Clearly opinions / and everyone has their "chosen ones"....
I'd just settle for an honest performance - heart and soul please....yeah, and a win would be good ...:LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Hopefully Ron is consulting this thread to see who should play in the absence of any other announcement.

If Waddock really wants to get the fans onside he just needs to play Simon Cox on his own up front.

Last edited:
Seeing as we're short of wingers I think we should probably go 352.
Something like
Oxley
Kiernan, Milligan, Lennon
Elvis, Mantom, Hyam, Hamilton, Ralph
Cox, Hump.

The irony being that you have three centre backs who are good on the ball so could come closer to Bonds style. From that team obvs Goodship and Hutchinson are unlucky to miss out

I'm surprised at the amount of people saying we should go 5 defenders at home again. We've been there, done that and got the “we failed” t-shirt.

I'm surprised at the amount of people saying we should go 5 defenders at home again. We've been there, done that and got the “we failed” t-shirt.
We've been brainwashed, you've obviously slipped through the net. We now have 6000 hardcore clean sheet mentality disciples, all hail the great Kevin Bond. Go and listen to some of his interviews then join us brother :Smile:

I'd love to see a basic 4-3-3 formation that the players can get their heads around and we are at home, so let's go for it. I'd go for something like this to start..yes sticking with Coxy as he will come good I'm convinced. Blackman I'd give a run out to based on his performance vs Orient. Likewise Hutchinson, he looked decent before his sending off by all accounts.

Oxley
Bwomono- Kiernan - Lennon - Blackman
Hyam - Mantom - Hutchinson
Cox - Humphrys - Goodship

How we were set up at wycombe before the disastrous subs which cost us the game.Although the midfield was weak,unfortunately was without Cox

How we were set up at wycombe before the disastrous subs which cost us the game.Although the midfield was weak,unfortunately was without Cox

Humphrys and Goodship are our strongest front two....as well as looking like they could form a half decent partnership....

If this means you have to leave Cox out or find a system that allows you to play him elsewhere then so be it.....

Too many - and I include the national side in this - over the years have tried to shoe horn a player into the side based on his perceived importance....Cox is a powerful influence on the training ground and in the dressing room and leaving him out of a side is a dangerous and difficult thing to do based on that influence.....whether his performances dictate his inclusion or not.

KBs fate was sealed the moment he left Cox out......and didn’t win!!!

Had he got the results his selection had possibly justified (ie Coventry and Wycombe) he’d probably still be in a job and it’s possible that people would’ve recognized that Cox wasn’t in the form or condition that deserved automatic inclusion.....

Back