• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Gillingham FC Tuesday 18th February 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-------------------------------------SEADON---------------------------------
ELVIS------------------MILLIGAN--------------DIENG------------CLIFFORD
DEMETRIOU----------HUTCHINSON--------MANTOM-------MCLAUGHLIN
------------------------------RUSH------KELMAN---------------------------

BARRATT, KYPRIANOU,GOODSHIP,MITCHELL-NELSON,TAYLOR,COKER, EGBRI

Sol obviously doesnt know much about anything , but someone needs to tell him that the Rush/ Kelman partnership is telepathic , and was unbelievably prolific all through their years playing together. If Macca is half fit , i'd start him for his goal record vs the Kent scummers alone. Milligan at CB , giving Hutch a free role in the middle. Demi tucking in a little allowing Elvis to bomb forward.
I was a huge fan of John Seadon back in the day , despite his diminutive stature he would tackle through a brick wall for the club - so i'm sure young Harry will do his Dad proud.

UTB

Trevor Kettle to send off serial thug Barry Fuller(sh+t ) after Macca + then Barratt skins him time after time down our left wing.

BARRATT, KYPRIANOU,GOODSHIP,MITCHELL-NELSON,TAYLOR,COKER, EGBRI

Sol obviously doesnt know much about anything , but someone needs to tell him that the Rush/ Kelman partnership is telepathic , and was unbelievably prolific all through their years playing together. If Macca is half fit , i'd start him for his goal record vs the Kent scummers alone. Milligan at CB , giving Hutch a free role in the middle. Demi tucking in a little allowing Elvis to bomb forward.
I was a huge fan of John Seadon back in the day , despite his diminutive stature he would tackle through a brick wall for the club - so i'm sure young Harry will do his Dad proud.

UTB

Trevor Kettle to send off serial thug Barry Fuller(sh+t ) after Macca + then Barratt skins him time after time down our left wing.
Harry Seadon already looks to be a very promising keeper and they’re saying he’s fit and available——needs adding to the list at the top!

Elvis, Spike, Dieng and Clifford make a fairly impressive looking back four but they will be severely tested tonight.

Elvis, Spike, Dieng and Clifford make a fairly impressive looking back four but they will be severely tested tonight.

They do- but Demi is likely not fit to start and a MF two of Hutchinson and Mantom will provide very little protection- just won't happen and correctly so. Hutchinson would need to be in a MF 3. Either way Milligan will be needed to give a bit of bite in the midfield.

That is not an impressive back four. It is two kids and two midfielders being played out of position. Who will be in front of a teenage goalkeeper.

It is testament to how far we have fallen if we think that is an impressive back line.

Think we could be in torrid time tonight.The last 2 games the opposition didn't pressurise us early on whereas I think Evans will set the tempo from the off.Hope I'm wrong but I think we could be in for a tonking.

Club have advised for supporters to be aware that A127 has lane closure but don't say where.Does anyone know?

Club have advised for supporters to be aware that A127 has lane closure but don't say where.Does anyone know?

Prince Avenue East bound, lane closure, road works.
So better off going down Progress Road, and doing the rat run.

Or, up the Fairway to the end, turn right at the traffic lights, and all the way along, past the Hospital.

Last edited:

Admire your optimism but we have the worst defense in the country. Dieng and Milligan both midfielders and the other two still very young and inexperienced. I would rather see Miles play alongside Dieng and Milligan in the midfield. If we have a rookie goalie in between the sticks, Gills will be relishing tonight.

Sol will definitely (in my view) go with young Harry Seadon between the posts.
Also I suspect he will call upon Kyprianou for tonight and play Clifford on the left wing

Am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst for tonight and let’s hope we can keep the score line in single figures

I'd go with that except I'd swap Demetriou and Hutchinson around. Deme sounds like he does well in the middle, always puts a tackle in and Goodship to start maybe. Not sure what he has to do to get a game. Is he that bad?

I have decided not to go tonight.

Its the first time in 35 years that I am not attending a home game out of choice. I left early for only the second time ever last Saturday too (I last did it in the Alvin Martin days).

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next game at Roots Hall but now unfortunately, I find it increasingly more difficult to muster enthusiasm to watch. I find it depressing, unexciting and boring.

No offence to the young lads, but when I purchased my season ticket, I expected to at least be entertained by a competitive team - not one that has won only twice at home in the league at home for over a year

I am finally falling out of love with the only team that I have supported since 1969. :Sad:

I have decided not to go tonight.

Its the first time in 35 years that I am not attending a home game out of choice. I left early for only the second time ever last Saturday too (I last did it in the Alvin Martin days).

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next game at Roots Hall but now unfortunately, I find it increasingly more difficult to muster enthusiasm to watch. I find it depressing, unexciting and boring.

No offence to the young lads, but when I purchased my season ticket, I expected to at least be entertained by a competitive team - not one that has won only twice at home in the league at home for over a year

I am finally falling out of love with the only team that I have supported since 1969. :Sad:
That's a sad read @IloveShrimp. Maybe it will be a bit like giving up fags. You have one last drag and think that's it.....then a little later the need returns. At least you've probably guaranteed a cracker tonight having you wishing you had gone............I'm joking.

Back