• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Gillingham FC Tuesday 18th February 2020 7:45pm

What's your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have decided not to go tonight.

Its the first time in 35 years that I am not attending a home game out of choice. I left early for only the second time ever last Saturday too (I last did it in the Alvin Martin days).

I remember when I couldn't wait for the next game at Roots Hall but now unfortunately, I find it increasingly more difficult to muster enthusiasm to watch. I find it depressing, unexciting and boring.

No offence to the young lads, but when I purchased my season ticket, I expected to at least be entertained by a competitive team - not one that has won only twice at home in the league at home for over a year

I am finally falling out of love with the only team that I have supported since 1969. :Sad:

That is so sad - we started supporting in the same year (what was your first game?) and this wretched season has been the 50th year of support.

It has been getting harder and harder to feel optimistic but in the past we've always usually seemed to pull something out of the bag, but not this time. It is painful.

But to be honest, I'm no longer there for the entertainment - I'm there for the kids.

I'm not expecting to win anymore (and of course we didn't tonight) but their effort is phenomenal. I can't believe how much Elvis has grown into the role and is almost now a senior player! I remember seeing his debut as a right back in the League cup at Gillingham a couple of years ago... I must be honest and say I never thought he would perform to the level he does now.

Tom Clifford... wow, he's a great prospect and a rare positive in these dark times.

Mitchell-Nelson - I cannot believe tonight was only his 2nd start and 3rd appearance. He looks like he has played there all his life.

Charlie Kelman - he'll go all the way in the game, I'm sure. He needs to play alongside someone to get the best out of him though.

I'm sure some of the others will also have decent careers, but these look the best of what we have.

This season is a write off but it bodes very well for next season.

Keep the faith - don't give up on the team. This is when they need all of us. We must get behind them.

Back