• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Luton Town

What's your starting 11 for Saturday

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Ted Smith

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 135 94.4%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 125 87.4%
  • John White

Votes: 123 86.0%
  • Taylor Moore

Votes: 136 95.1%
  • Stephen Hendrie

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 137 95.8%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 104 72.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Sam Mantom

• Michael Kightly

• Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Bunn

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

• Theo Robinson

• Charlie Kelman

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Amadou Ba

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Norman Wabo

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Southend High school open for parking?? If so does it get full up or is there plenty of room - any advice appreciated!

I really hope we do a number on Luton.

I really don't like there fans, many of whom appear to think they are some kind of millwall.

Last time they visited they caused loads of bother and I would expect the usual boys on both sides will be out in force again.

I have also never visited any other place in the UK that literally doesn't feel like the UK. Quite an odd feeling that.

That said I respect their support of their club and numbers they travel in.

I think it will be a decent game Saturday and one which may prove a turning point in our season.

Looking forward to it.

They certainly did cause a lot trouble in Shakespeare Drive last time.

ok.

Hopper, Humphrys, Cox & Theo.
2 upfront and 2 just behind, between midfield and forwards.

2 midfield also covering defence, 1 full time defender, with 2 wingers covering full length of pitch

oh yes, and a rush goalie.

goals, goals, goals,

What about Charlie Kelman, he could be one of our deadliest striker once he improved as a player in the next 5 month!

Bocks X, Y & Z to be used as a segregation then ?

It looks likely yes, especially as they have more chance of selling out the North than we do of selling out the West, thanks to our dodgy recent home form.

I'd be in favour of locking the sods in for an hour after the match, to let the home fans disperse safely :Smile:

Bocks X, Y & Z to be used as a segregation then ?
Think the extra tickets 300 will be in the corner so really only block X as segregation.

5,420 home tickets sold so far add the Blue seats and corporate etc probably about 5,700. So looking 8,000+ crowd at the moment. Hopefully shift a few more home tickets and get that to over 8,500.

Think the extra tickets 300 will be in the corner so really only block X as segregation.

5,420 home tickets sold so far add the Blue seats and corporate etc probably about 5,700. So looking 8,000+ crowd at the moment. Hopefully shift a few more home tickets and get that to over 8,500.

Not so - they only had 2000 tickets at first - this is an extra 300. The North plus the corner holds 3000, so even with the new allocation they are not yet in the corner seats. Those seats will be covered, in certain of it.

We need to sell at least 6,800-7,000 home tickets to get roots hall rocking or it’ll be embarrassing with all the Luton fans coming down, if we can’t get 9,000 plus for this there’s something wrong.

Agree we should be getting 9,000+ but It's a tough month for many people and payday won't be for a few days for most of them. I know a couple of people who'd like to go but can't afford it.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell insists he will do all he can to help Stephen Humphrys build on his impressive Shrimpers debut.

More...

Radical thought...as a promotion / incentive to boost attendance.....

Fill a stand get a free drink (hot or cold)...surely must work out financially...North Stand excepted for this game ?

Need to boost the numbers / noise for this one....:LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Back