• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Luton Town

What's your starting 11 for Saturday

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Ted Smith

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 135 94.4%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 125 87.4%
  • John White

Votes: 123 86.0%
  • Taylor Moore

Votes: 136 95.1%
  • Stephen Hendrie

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 137 95.8%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 104 72.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Sam Mantom

• Michael Kightly

• Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Bunn

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

• Theo Robinson

• Charlie Kelman

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Amadou Ba

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Norman Wabo

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if they will be more clued up this time. Last time they let a large mob of Luton hoolies leave the North Bank well before the end of the game and just walk up Shakespeare Drive totally unaccompanied for a punch up.
Hopefully common sense will prevail and the boys in blue close the road to traffic and away fans

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the boys in blue close the road to traffic and away fans

This was the strange thing. The police normally will only let away fans turn right towards priory park coming out of the North Bank, to keep the blue voice West Stand and the away fans apart. So on that day there was either no police, or they were clueless.

This was the strange thing. The police normally will only let away fans turn right towards priory park coming out of the North Bank, to keep the blue voice West Stand and the away fans apart. So on that day there was either no police, or they were clueless.

Straight into the path of the east stand leaving. I ain't looking forward to this LOL. Might take my Luton shirt just in case I need it

:Smile2:

Don't forget the absolute the absolute ****ers in that end box when we were up there a few years back either.

I was in their main stand that day. In fairness to Luton they generate a good atmosphere from there. When Dave Penny got sent to the stand is was a very long walk of shame. They were waiting for him again when he appeared up in the stand. He seemed relieved to see a few shrimpers and come and hid amongst us.

Straight into the path of the east stand leaving. I ain't looking forward to this LOL. Might take my Luton shirt just in case I need it

:Smile2:

There's always plenty of police in Victoria Avenue, outside the Spread Eagle, Blue Boar and opposite the Fish n chip shop for suspected trouble games.

Hi Southend fans - say the highlights from the Bradford game - good goals, nice start for Humphries, you looked good but Bradford looked like they left empty acres of the pitch. We have let in nine in the last 17 league games so you will do well to break our excellent back line 4 times. If we keep up are present very solid form, our defense if very good, then well done. We were struggling with goals a little but four last week got things going again although it was against ten men. Probably a 1-2 or 2-1 - hopefully to the Hatters - see you there - we are decent - unbeaten in about 15 matches in League One and only two loses since August

Hi Southend fans - say the highlights from the Bradford game - good goals, nice start for Humphries, you looked good but Bradford looked like they left empty acres of the pitch. We have let in nine in the last 17 league games so you will do well to break our excellent back line 4 times. If we keep up are present very solid form, our defense if very good, then well done. We were struggling with goals a little but four last week got things going again although it was against ten men. Probably a 1-2 or 2-1 - hopefully to the Hatters - see you there - we are decent - unbeaten in about 15 matches in League One and only two loses since August
You can only beat what's put in front of you, which is what we did against Bradford. As for Saturday and Luton, maybe we can chat again after the game. I reckon you'll know you've been in a game.

Looking forward to this match you must be favourite but this football we are hoping last week result will kick start our season after being ravaged by injuries

It’s done totally on purpose. They did the same with charlton this year after the players had that punch up on the pitch ... my mate was spat at as he walked down the road , he was with his 10 year old son .... where were the police ?? Don’t for a minute thing the local old bill give a flying fk about any of us unless they can get a cheap Unprovoked nicking

Hmmm, what will CP do? I suspect DW, ST & PS would stick with same players, Tango would likely tinker, Barry Fry would try and play 3 or 4 forwards!

For me, go same again; I didn't fancy the line up when I saw it against BCFC but it certainly worked then, but this week LTFC are certain to be better oppo.

LUKE Hyam wants Southend United’s win at Bradford City to be the sign of things to come - for both himself and the team.

More...

Back