• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Plymouth Argyle

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all want a 6ft 3" number 9 who can not only head the ball but can also control the ball with his feet, with his back to goal...….We already have that man and have done all season. Time to put Dieng up top.

Dieng hasn't hurt a soul all season in midfield and I don't just mean physically. If I was the opposition manger I would want him coasting around in mid-field. The last place I would want him is attacking my penalty area.

Last edited:
As our wide players seem to be out of form and low on confidence, and we have more central players available than any other, I would go for something like

Bishop​
Elvis Turner White Hendrie
Dieng
Mantom Yearwood
Hutchinson
Cox Robinson

You'll have to lose Theo out of that side, seaside.

Otherwise, I'm with you 100% on the other 10.

Ah I beg your pardon, force of habit.

I haven't seen any of the other strikers for some time so I wouldn't know who else to play up top. Isn't Ba a 'target man'? I could see that working

So, on votes (Obviously the numbers don't match up) in a 451;
  1. Bishop;
  2. Bwomono
  3. Hendrie
  4. White
  5. Turner;
  6. Bunn
  7. Dieng
  8. Mantom
  9. Yearwood
  10. McLaughlin;
  11. Cox

So, on votes (Obviously the numbers don't match up) in a 451;
  1. Bishop;
  2. Bwomono
  3. Hendrie
  4. White
  5. Turner;
  6. Bunn
  7. Dieng
  8. Mantom
  9. Yearwood
  10. McLaughlin;
  11. Cox

Hutchinson has nearly double the votes of Macca....or have I misunderstood you?

50/50 ? That's Powell-speak for a return in early March.

We are very leaky, so for me its got to be Yearwood, Mantom, Dieng and Hyam in midfield with Bunn upfront with Cox . Shove in Kightly or Mc Laughlin and you open the floodgates

I'd be tempted to go
Bishop
Elvis whoever is available x2 Hendrie
McLaughlin Dru Mantom Bunn
Hutchinson Cox

as close as possible to what was successful last year. I've seen Hyam do well for us so I'm tempted to play him but I think Dru and Mantom are just about our best two central midfield players. Dieng harshly on the bench, Hutchinson just about starts instead

Back