• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Plymouth Argyle

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not looking forward to this game at all. Say what you like, but it feels like a chore going to the hall today. I'm sure that'll change as soon as I get through the turnstiles but until then... I doubt Ron's intervention would have made much of an impact but some players really do need to take a hard look at themselves and ask if they think they've been giving 100%.

I'm going to guess a 5-3-1-1 but I'm happy with whatever gets us a point in this game.

Bishop
Bwomono White Turner Dieng Hendrie
Yearwood Mantom Bunn
Hutchinson
Cox​

Does anyone really think that the players can hear and take on board information from the staff during a game? Let alone if 2 maybe even 3 of them got up and started shouting!!

How do you mean?

Certainly, PB bellowed out instructions and the players could hear them clearly.

The
How do you mean?

Certainly, PB bellowed out instructions and the players could hear them clearly.

The players cannot hear and decipher instructions clearly from the bench mid game. They may just be able to take on board clear concise simply one sentance instructions if they are close but very rarely will you see / hear too much tactical information being passed around....

In fact most Academy coaching now is geared towards giving less instruction during games in preparation for this as players have to learn to be decision makers for this very reason....

Imagine yourself as a player.....7000 people are shouting singing and making noise.....there’s a high tempo very frenetic game of football going on and from 40/50/60 years away you have 2 maybe 3 managers waving their arms around at you shouting at you to do something!!

How do you mean?

Brown certainly had a loud whistle which attracted the players' attention - we could hear it clearly in the west stand!

Imagine yourself as a player.....7000 people are shouting singing and making noise.....there’s a high tempo very frenetic game of football going on and from 40/50/60 years away you have 2 maybe 3 managers waving their arms around at you shouting at you to do something!!

Yes but this is Roots Hall we're talking about. It's a while since we've had that sort of atmosphere …. apart from when the second goal went in against Gillingham!!

Exactly.

In the East Stand you can hear people eating their crisps in the next section along, on a bad day!

The players cannot hear and decipher instructions clearly from the bench mid game. They may just be able to take on board clear concise simply one sentance instructions if they are close but very rarely will you see / hear too much tactical information being passed around...

At times yes, I agree, but when there's a lull while someone is taking a thrown in or trotting over to take a corner then certainly PB could be heard shouting instructions to players to stay up or get back and so on.

At times yes, I agree, but when there's a lull while someone is taking a thrown in or trotting over to take a corner then certainly PB could be heard shouting instructions to players to stay up or get back and so on.

I don’t doubt that....but I’m sure CP is capable and doesn’t need help with “get up” or “stay back” from Kev keen!

He'll just be on the bench, though.
I was surprised Kelman wasn’t on the bench last Tuesday at the very least

Personally I would have dropped Theo completely and started with Cox and Kelman and played Ba and Wabo 2nd half. In hindsight that would have been the sensible option IMHO then at least CP would have had an idea as to whether any of the new 3 are ready or capable of starting again Plymouth.

DwtzsyLW0AAa3KK.jpg

Pretty much expected that lineup. Wabo being on the bench just shows the lack of depth we have in the striking department. Happy to see Hutchinson and Kelman both involved again though.

Sticking with 4-4-2 seems bold to me let alone Wabo and Kelman on the bench. This is how it should've been for a long time, sorry Shawn, I hope you do well at FGR but I'm pleased you've moved on! Now I'm excited!

I don’t doubt that....but I’m sure CP is capable and doesn’t need help with “get up” or “stay back” from Kev keen!

I think we're on the same page anyway, mate.

One manager is all we need. Two if they really complement each other.

Having my season next to our dugout as I do, I can say that I have never once seen Kevin Keen leave his seat and interact with any player in a game. He may as well sit in Brian Horton’s old seat in the directors area. Or just sit at the bar. Either/or.
Welcome back, Andy S!

Back