• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Plymouth Argyle

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
It must be our turn to win, surely? Team selection should be interesting, both by you lot and SCP. Anyway, if its about next Saturday then here's the place for it.

One person doesn't seem to have picked a keeper :Stunned:

Then again, nothing else is working at the moment - perhaps this is the kind of inspired selection change we need...

That happens all the time. Often two or three a match.

Mind you, 15 votes and 15 keepers suggests not.

Freddie will be back Saturday, we all know what ex players do to us. Get your money on !Correction my PA work mates says Freddie's got a knee injury so I've been informed.
Things must be looking up for us now !

Last edited:
Desperate times...

Bishop
White Dieng Turner Hendrie
Bunn Dru Mantom Hutchinson
Cox Kelman

**** me. I know we’re comfortably mid table at the mo but we’re going down if that’s the sort of side we can muster. A transfer embargo during the transfer window couldn’t have been better timed with our threadbare squad.

Bishop.
Elvis Dieng Turner Hendrie
Hyam Mantom Dru
Macca Cox Bunn

Yes ! Best available,unless, of course,Oxley’s fit enough to resume or we land someone to play up front and can leave out Hyam.

Yes ! Best available,unless, of course,Oxley’s fit enough to resume or we land someone to play up front and can leave out Hyam.

We badly need to get Macca out of this poor form, so I’d start him as he is one of our few match winners. If Cox is playing through the middle on his own Bunn and Macca need to get close to him and support, the full backs will need to be brave and add that width too.

Our main issue is we don’t really have a midfielder who can play in behind Cox and be creative, I think that is our greatest weakness at the moment. However I saw signs in the Gillingham game that Hutchinson had that sort of ability to play as a second striker in behind.

For the full backs to be brave and get forward, the wide midfield players need to help. Elvis is pretty good at getting forward, but Kightly was nowhere to be seen Tuesday night. Consequently, he couldn't get forward without leaving a big hole behind him.

Its as if we want to lose with suggestions of one up front at Dieng at CB (dire emergency yes but when we have a CB paring available no).

We know 433 doesn't work with a couple of wingers rather than forwards and our best attacking player isolated.

Needs to be 442. So SCP needs to pick Wabo, Ba, or Kelman up alongside Cox and say here is you big chance GRAB it. The risk playing a youngster up top is way less than a CB and they are the forwards we have.

I’m going for 0-0 in this one as I’m attending this game, I hope Plymouth bring a fair few to boost the gate as it looks like we are struggling to get 6,500 for this one.

I’m going for 0-0 in this one as I’m attending this game, I hope Plymouth bring a fair few to boost the gate as it looks like we are struggling to get 6,500 for this one.

If we play one up front the first part will be true, if we play Dieng at CB the second part won't be..

Back