• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Portsmouth FC

What is your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 76 93.8%
  • Teddy Smith

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 64 79.0%
  • John White

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Taylor Moore

Votes: 74 91.4%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 71 87.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Simon Cox

Votes: 72 88.9%
  • Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 73 90.1%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Amadou Ba

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Norman Wabo

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonna be interesting to see debatabley the best pair of attacking wide players in the division up against the weakest defensively.

I'm gonna take a serious panning from my work colleagues on Monday about how truly dreadful we are..... Why does this one have to be televised ? :Sad:

I'm gonna take a serious panning from my work colleagues on Monday about how truly dreadful we are..... Why does this one have to be televised ? :Sad:
It might actually be a blessing in disguise. I doubt our players will want to be humiliated live on TV so hopefully we’ll see a cup tie-esque performance in a similar vein to Wimbledon or Newport. It’s not quite the same scenario but we’ll be the underdogs going into this game so who knows.

It might actually be a blessing in disguise. I doubt our players will want to be humiliated live on TV so hopefully we’ll see a cup tie-esque performance in a similar vein to Wimbledon or Newport. It’s not quite the same scenario but we’ll be the underdogs going into this game so who knows.

The last time we played Wimbledon or Newport we lost....and played badly.

Anyway that’s enough doom and gloom let’s be up for it.... we are going to win and I am going to see my first home win on a Saturday, this season.

I’ll be happy with a 3:0 loss, disappointed with a 4:0. That said if we lose 2:0 i think we should be proud of our achievement with a 1:0 loss probably being the clubs greatest achievement to date.

I’ll be happy with a 3:0 loss, disappointed with a 4:0. That said if we lose 2:0 i think we should be proud of our achievement with a 1:0 loss probably being the clubs greatest achievement to date.

Sounds like a CP statement :Whistling:

The last time we played Wimbledon or Newport we lost....and played badly.

Anyway that’s enough doom and gloom let’s be up for it.... we are going to win and I am going to see my first home win on a Saturday, this season.
I meant playing like Newport and Wimbledon did in their FA scalps this season.

Elvis is like a lost child. Admitedly it isn't being helped by the fact we change between a flat 4 then a 5 each week. But Dieng spends most of his time covering him so I'd put Moore there because I agree, he's our best defender. You can tell straight away so many teams clock Elvis is our weak link, we don't need someone who likes getting forward there, we need a defender.

If Lennon ain't fit he shouldn't be on the bench. If Moore or Turner pulled up at Donny along with White he'd have had to play

Still think Elvis is the weakest link?? Far better at defending than Hart

Back