• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
So here we are the sixth home game of Chris Powell's return and time in charge at the Mighty Shrimpers against Rotherham United.

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind him and the team whether you are at Roots Hall, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow, and make that famous "Roots Hall Roar".

Chris Powell's 6th Southend United Home Team

Oxley, Bwomono, Turner, White, Coker (C), McLaughlin, Yearwood, Mantom, Wordsworth, Cox, Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Ferdinand, Kightly, Timlin, Wright, Harrison, Robinson

W40XER.jpg

Chris Powell’s current home record

Won 3
Drawn 1
Lost 1
Goals scored 9
Goals conceded 7

Elvis Bwomono starts his first game since November in place of Demetriou and Mantom comes in for his first start for Blues

Rotherham Team

Price, Emmanuel, Vaulks, Ajayi, Mattock; Taylor, Palmer, Towell, Williams; Ball, Smith.

SUBS | Bilboe, Cummings, Wood, Ihiekwe, Newell, Forde, Yates.

uXdvg4.jpg

Decent starting XI

great to see Elvis back in the building, interesting to see what Mantom is made of, and hoping Wordsworth does the business. Expect to see Kightly get some pitch time from the bench too.

UTBs

I see Rotherham have already thrown the Towell in, and only half of Ajayi is playing.....

My predicted side was only one out on that one. I had Timlin instead of Mantom, but I'm happy with that.

Cox almost exploits a mistake by the Rotherham centre back but the keeper just intercepts.

Our fourth corner is volleyed far wide by Turner... Rotherham are shaky at the moment. we need that second goal while we're on top.

Great selection well done Mr Powell I know I have said Cox and mvf can't play together but iam not the boss lol

Back