• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend Utd vs Southampton U21s -Checkatrade Trophy

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
The Official Match Thread brought to you by ShrimperZone.com

So here we are the third round of the EFL Trophy – Southern Group B game of the 2018/19 season and Chris Powell’s first full season since his return and time in charge at the Mighty Shrimpers

The Third Round match is at home against Southampton U21’s.

efl checkatrade_trophy.png

SUFC.jpgVS.pngimage.png

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind him and the team whether you are at Roots Hall, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow, and make that famous "Roots Hall Roar".

Chris Powell's Southend United Checkatrade EFL Trophy home Team to face Southampton U21’s

Dr-_MRlXQAEDSvb.jpg
The Roots Hall pitch is ready for action at 7.45pm Wednesday 14th. November, it looks like we are going to have a clear autumn evening for tonight’s game.

The weather forecast for today at Roots Hall

USFCvSouthampton Weather.png

Checkarade EFL Trophy - Southern Group B Results to date

Colchester United 2-0 Southend United 9/10/18 Att. 1,516
Cambridge United 4-0 Southampton U21’s 9/10/18 Att. 469
Colchester United 0-2 Southampton U21’s 4/9/18 Att. 532
Southend United 3-1 Cambridge United 4/9/18 Att. 1,421

Checkarade EFL Trophy - Southern Group B Tonight’s Games

Cambridge United v Colchester United
Southend United v Southampton U21’s

Current Checkarade EFL Trophy - Southern Group B Table

Table.png

Wiggle it, Just a Little Bit!

Great to see Kelman on the bench, got to think Wabo will probably be gone by the end of the season.

Should be pleasant 9 degrees here tonight so if you're coming along then wear something warmish as the East stand is not full. I'm looking forward to Dru doing the captain bit.

Hope Kelman comes on and some point and not in the 93rd minute or something stupid. Can't see him coming on though. McCoulsky doesn't give me much hope up front from his last few outings, so bet he scores now.

Hope Kelman comes on and some point and not in the 93rd minute or something stupid. Can't see him coming on though. McCoulsky doesn't give me much hope up front from his last few outings, so bet he scores now.

Let’s hope we score a couple of goals early on and rather than risk Robinson and Cox CP takes a chance on Kelman with about 20/30 to go.

I think there maybe a fair few goals in this game tonight, I’m going for a 4-2 win.

Surprised neither Wabo or Ba on the bench but good to see Kelman - let's hope he gets some minutes,

So glad McCoulsky is starting, he was a real danger against Cambridge. I think he just needs a run of 3 games, and you will see a different player. 5 minutes here and there and he's useless.

We've got 3 wingers on the pitch, how does that work? Are we testing out a makeshift striker?

Back