• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
What do we think the line up will be ?

My guess :

SMITH
CLOHESSY , CRESSWELL , PROSSER , BARKER
TOMLIN , TIMLIN , HURST , MARTIN
EASTWOOD , ASSOMBALONGA

SUBS : BENTLEY , STRAKER , COUGHLAN , WOODYARD , BENYON , NJIE

think he will go with :

SMITH

CLOHESSY , CRESSWELL , BARKER, STRAKER
HURST , PROSSER, TIMLIN ,MARTIN
EASTWOOD , ASSOMBALONGA

SUBS : BENTLEY , TOMLIN , COUGHLAN , WOODYARD , BENYON , NJIE

think he will go with :

SMITH

EASTWOOD , ASSOMBALONGA

Prosser CM, please say you are joking?

we all know ps likes to play people out of position, and with low numbers in the squad anything is possible. i think prosser played in midfield last season when needed. maybe not the centre but in the left. -

i think leanard is still out

think he will go with :

SMITH

EASTWOOD , ASSOMBALONGA

Er...surely he'd just put Straker at LM, and keep Prosser & Barker where they are. Then Hurst in the middle of midfield.

Should still have enough to beat Barnet, who havent scored away yet and have been a guranteed 3 points for many a season now.

I think he'll use the best available players as follows:

-------------------Smith---------------

Clohessy Cresswell Prosser Barker

-----------Hurst Timlin Martin-------

----------------Eastwood--------------

----------Tomlin Assombalonga-----

Subs: Bentley, Straker, Phillips, Benyon, Woodyard, Njie, Coughlan

If he sticks to 4-4-2 then Woodyard will play, can't be many easier games for him to get his league debut.

I would guess a little something like this:
Smith
Clohessy - Cresswell - Prosser - Barker
Tomlin - Hurst - Timlin - Martin
Eastwood - Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley - Coughlan - Straker - Woodyard - Benyon - Njie - Youth.Player
Back four definately won't be changed, just to keep some consistency, and also have only named players that are meant to be fit for Saturday. If Phillips is fit then obviously he will be on the bench instead of a youth player. Very worrying times at the minute.

whats people's general thoughts on woodyard ?? with only 2 cm at the club, could it be time to give him a chance ??

Taking into consideration suspensions, injuries and match fitness, I think the side will look something like :

D.Bentley
S.Clohessy G.Coughlan R.Cresswell P.Clark
R.Martin C.Phillips P. Smith N.Alliker B.Clarkson
Assombalonga
Subs : Lockett (GK), Kavanagh,

I think he'll use the best available players as follows:

-------------------Smith---------------

Clohessy Cresswell Prosser Barker

-----------Hurst Timlin Martin-------

----------------Eastwood--------------

----------Tomlin Assombalonga-----

Subs: Bentley, Straker, Phillips, Benyon, Woodyard, Njie, Coughlan

If he sticks to 4-4-2 then Woodyard will play, can't be many easier games for him to get his league debut.

He can use those same players in 442 with Tomlin on the right ? Id agree he could line up like you suggest, but I think he will stick with 442

I recall a few on here wanting to see Tomlin out on the right once Freddy was back, still an option? Push Hurst more central? Or what about Tomlin as an advanced CM? Or would Freddy as playmaker be a better bet?

Who'd be a manager eh?!

I recall a few on here wanting to see Tomlin out on the right once Freddy was back, still an option? Push Hurst more central? Or what about Tomlin as an advanced CM? Or would Freddy as playmaker be a better bet?

Who'd be a manager eh?!

I would if I could

Bentley/Smith
Clohessy Creswell Prosser Barker
Timlin
Tomlin Martin
Hurst
Eastwood Britt

Let's have a diamond 4 in midfield with Hurst having it large through the middle, Timlin smashing peoples heads in sitting infront of the back four pulling the strings. With Britt and Eastwood causing mayhem up top.

BYE BYE BARNET, BARNET BYE BYE!

Back